1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I say we vote on it. I personally prefer leather soled (and I've a few trickers on dainite soles already) so I vote leather, but if more people want dainite soles, I can live with that.

so...

Dainite:
    -NAMOR

Leather:
    -Johnny Amiga

would anyone else like to chime in? to me dainite is more practical and in the long run more cost effective since i wouldnt need to get the leather resoled with dainite or topyd. Rkusmant, any word if we would get the complimentary shoe trees or topy?

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

agreed dainite is better

3. dave

dave Senior member

agreed dainite is better

+1

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm OK with either. I've never owned a Dainite-soled shoe before, so it might be nice to try out.

5. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

As right now, only free shipping is offered.... Good news for Eaton group, the boots will be ready around June. LS shoes group you'd better make up your mind and submit the order, the might come sooner than you think. Courtesy of Aquaphor, older Tricker's catalog [​IMG]

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

im ready to pay. if the rest of the LW group can pick dainite or leather, we would be good to go. I think [​IMG]

7. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

FYI, NAMOR someone has already paid for it, so I guess it's better not to change any design.
    We can always change it but to be fair, I want all participants to voice their comments.

8. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

I might be interested in that longwing. I vote for Dainite sole as it is much more hard wearing and practical. What about the Victory sole? Or is that not an option from Tricker's?

9. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

I do believe the order is already full.

As for the soles, I did pay already but it'd be nice to get an opinion from the rest of the dudes involved in the order. I'm not opposed to dainite soles if they're what everyone else wants, but it'd be good to have more votes on the subject. In my opinion leather soles are cleaner and look better. Dainite looks good on paper, but I've found very few actual advantages over leather soles.

Infact, as someone who has quite a few dainite and leather soled shoes, I see very little difference in them performance wise. Both are slippery as fuck when wet and neither are appropriate for foul weather. I do think leather soles look better but if people want dainite soles, it's not a big deal for me. Both are fine options.

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

RKD, you and I are the same shoe size, apparently. I guess that means we're a US 8D on the 81 last. Is that what you ordered?

sorry i was MIA for a lil while. i am ready to pay and so yeah i guess i am a US 8D in these. as for leather vs dainite im fine with either and will go along with the group.

11. alladin

alladin Senior member

How about this boot on last 81. It is the stow, but I guess we could request it to be a cap-toe with no broueing.

Also, what is the status of the Roy boot. I would be interested in brown zug grain with no storm welt (leather or dainite)

[​IMG]

12. jaspar

jaspar Senior member

Leather soles, please on the longwings. They do look cleaner and better emphasize the contrast between the black leather and the natural sole. I realize the Danite represents a very thin layer but, nonetheless, I feel going black, natural, black creates a kind of oreo cookie effect that would make them seem more novelty shoe...

13. haresh

haresh Senior member

Hi,

Is there still space on #1 model for September delivery ?

Thanks.

14. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I think this is a pretty cool boot that we could improve on and add to the list. Obviously I look forward to people's suggestions for improvements and/or if there is any interest.

http://slamxhype.com/fashion/tricker...y-brogue-boot/

i dont see anything to improve other than maybe just do a different color...

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

hey Fellas, im sorry to say that I will no longer be able to participate in the LW MTO group buy. I got a financial hiccup this week and need every spare dollar right now. If anyone needs size 11.5 or 12 shoe, look for my for sale threads. I already pm'ed Aquapor to see if he was still interested in participating. Sorry again guys, it pains me to let all of you down.

17. kebab

kebab Member

FYI, NAMOR someone has already paid for it, so I guess it's better not to change any design.
    We can always change it but to be fair, I want all participants to voice their comments.

I've paid already and I'd prefer leather soles, however I have no problem with Dainite.

18. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Yeah, we're going with leather soles now, as 3 people want them (and kgmessier & rkd are fine with either leather or dainite).

What's the deal with the slot vacated by Namor now? Dave or aquaphor takes it (I think dave should have first dibs as he's on the reserve list for the 2nd order)?

19. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

I think i'll pass on this round as I prefer rubber soles over leather. I'll keep on the lookout for other MTO group buys [​IMG]

20. dave

dave Senior member

hey Fellas, im sorry to say that I will no longer be able to participate in the LW MTO group buy. I got a financial hiccup this week and need every spare dollar right now. If anyone needs size 11.5 or 12 shoe, look for my for sale threads. I already pm'ed Aquapor to see if he was still interested in participating. Sorry again guys, it pains me to let all of you down.

If all is not set in stone, I can take that spot. I'd need an 11-11.5 though. I'm the ONLY one on the list for October so I'm happy to move up.