• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

mr chorizo

Reaction score
looking forward to checking them out!

i ended up doing a one-off with richard shortly after this make up in a similar make up...should be in mid-november.

I also have been on a bit of a black shoe kick recently...

shoelad

Reaction score
Hi, I read about the made to order long wing on here in July, the mixed leather longing. I liked it and place an order directly with Richard, the shoe healer. I recieved these shoes today and they are not what I expected. I have read back through all the blog posts about this made to order and everyone says lie the end co shoes, exactly like them. But what I received is different. The smooth leather is on the vamp, with the grained leather above and below it, not like the end co ones where the grained leather was on the vamp and the smooth leather above and below. I know it isn't Richards fault, he did tell me that he sent an email out specifying all the facts of the shoe, it's my fault for not reading it thoroughly. What I want to establish is, is anyone who placed an order for these expecting them to look like the end co one, I.e the ones in the pic? And was there a fault With the person who put the order in?

Reaction score
It sucks that you did not get what you expected - but if its any solace - those shoes look fantastic.

oven1969

Reaction score
I haven't received my pair yet, but I was expecting the End Clothing style, I put the 2 images together, the grained and smooth leather are "reversed" comparing to End style.

oh well...not much we can do now.

Slonukhi58

Reaction score
I realised early that they were a mirror-image of the End Hunting ones but I must say,having seen your photo,I prefer the Forum version! I am sorry for all those who paid good money and don't like the end result.

oven1969

Reaction score
I haven't received my shoes yet, but hey, I may love them just as much.

Stay positive, my friends, after all, these are just shoes...or toys for grown-ups.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score

Hi, I read about the made to order long wing on here in July, the mixed leather longing. I liked it and place an order directly with Richard, the shoe healer. I recieved these shoes today and they are not what I expected. I have read back through all the blog posts about this made to order and everyone says lie the end co shoes, exactly like them. But what I received is different. The smooth leather is on the vamp, with the grained leather above and below it, not like the end co ones where the grained leather was on the vamp and the smooth leather above and below. I know it isn't Richards fault, he did tell me that he sent an email out specifying all the facts of the shoe, it's my fault for not reading it thoroughly. What I want to establish is, is anyone who placed an order for these expecting them to look like the end co one, I.e the ones in the pic? And was there a fault With the person who put the order in?

Sorry I have been away from the forum for sometime due to extended travel.

Anyway, I went back and reviewed what I sent to Richard. I sent him a direct copy and paste of the message that I sent to everyone confirming the details of the shoe you guys wanted. I did not actually order one, so I [edit] sent the specifications that Richard sent me to everyone who was in the private message with me before anyone paid.

Sincere apologies however if any one is disappointed.

Last edited:

mr chorizo

Reaction score

rkusmant

Reaction score
Any interesting ideas for MTO? It's been a while...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sincere apologies however if any one is disappointed.

No apologies needed. I absolutely love the shoes - they look fantastic in person! I still need to take some pictures of them.

I would imagine if somebody who got the shoes and was disappointed put them up in the B&S forum, they would probably get picked up pretty quick.

Last edited:

rkusmant

Reaction score
Yeah The lollipop red looks great, One of horween leather that Tricker's used.

How about the sole and welt? No leather sole since it weights a ton.

The eaton I have in 4444 last with gusset in the tongue has been very useful when someone decide to feed vodka to my boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads