• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
The last time I was talking to Richard about it, he said that in general, the Alfred Sargents are cheaper. I think if you want cordovan, though, you might find the prices very similar. I only suggest that because I haven't ever seen a balmoral boot from Trickers, but have seen a few from Sargent.

The closest thing I've seen is this
600_600_1899_1.jpg

In the catalog there's a women's MTO wingtip balmoral boot.

rkusmant

Reaction score
LW shoes folks: I'll send the detail design to your emails along with down payment instructions later mid week. Eaton (Sept group): I have 6 names that express interest, I'll also send emails later this week for confirmation, still wrapping up the August ones. Any takers on Burgundy cap toe boots / roy boots / veldtschoen? start putting your name in the list, maybe more people with join. zippyh I think Tricker's not the best option for balmoral boots, stick to 'country' style better

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, I don't think Tricker's is a good option for balmorals either.

I'm surprised no one has suggested a monkey boot.
I can't decide if I like the style though.

rkusmant

Reaction score
If tricker's can make the veldtschoen into this..
edwardgreen.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
LW shoes folks: I'll send the detail design to your emails along with down payment instructions later mid week.
thanks!

Aquaphor

Reaction score
What's the 81 last like? I always thought the longwing came in the W2298 last? That's what it says in the Tricker's catalog I have.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
thanks for point, but can we get as many people in line for an AS boot?

Check out the Fine Pair of Shoes affiliate thread in Men's Clothing. They're soliciting designs for an AS MTO.

rkusmant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquaphor
What's the 81 last like? I always thought the longwing came in the W2298 last? That's what it says in the Tricker's catalog I have.

I'm asking Richard about it now, let's wait for his response.
Do you mind posting the scanned copy of the catalog, or link if it's available online?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Check out the Fine Pair of Shoes affiliate thread in Men's Clothing. They're soliciting designs for an AS MTO.

Thanks, but i am unsure if i will be participating at this point, i have something coming in the mail and may pick up one other boot and be done for the year, thanks anyway

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
Thanks, but i am unsure if i will be participating at this point, i have something coming in the mail and may pick up one other boot and be done for the year, thanks anyway

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
zippyh I think Tricker's not the best option for balmoral boots, stick to 'country' style better

Originally Posted by zippyh
Yep, I don't think Tricker's is a good option for balmorals either.

So it's not an EG Shannon, but it ain't half bad:

2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads