Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

sorry for late reply here are the tricker's roy, i was thinking of getting this done in a black grain on a sleeker last, maybe even balmoral... thoughts? maybe we organize for this one towards the fall since choices are already made for the next order, this is def an alternative to the tricker's brogues [​IMG] and the link to it https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker..._Roy_2158.html Thoughts???

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

3. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

sorry for late reply here are the tricker's roy, i was thinking of getting this done in a black grain on a sleeker last, maybe even balmoral... thoughts? maybe we organize for this one towards the fall since choices are already made for the next order, this is def an alternative to the tricker's brogues [​IMG] and the link to it https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker..._Roy_2158.html Thoughts???
    That's the Grasmere, with the fake toecap, right? What about this? Far more exclusive, I believe it's one of their old military boots, in a Veldtschoen construction. We'd debating a group buy at SuFu. [​IMG]

4. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

LW shoes folks,
    we'll use 81 Last instead of 4497 Last, that's what's avaiable, it's not practical to switch last since the leather pattern might not be compatible

Any pics of the 81 last and how does it compare to the 4497? Apart from 4444 and 4497, I know very little of Trickers' lasts.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Any pics of the 81 last and how does it compare to the 4497? Apart from 4444 and 4497, I know very little of Trickers' lasts.

yes this would be very helpful for comparison. i thought alden lasts/sizing were confusing [​IMG]

6. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

That's the Grasmere, with the fake toecap, right? What about this? Far more exclusive, I believe it's one of their old military boots, in a Veldtschoen construction. We'd debating a group buy at SuFu. [​IMG]
    Pic isn't showing but I might be interested in a dressy captoe boot in black. Then again, there is this cordovan option out there: http://www.selectism.com/news/2011/0...ooks-brothers/

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Pic isn't showing
    Yeah, Image Shack is being problematic. Here's the pic he posted: [​IMG] That's one gorgeous boot.

8. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

I'll ask Richard about it, but I'll assume it'll be closer to 4497 and maybe a bit narrower.

Pablo-T and sinnedk maybe you can collaborate on the boots design....

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Pic isn't showing but I might be interested in a dressy captoe boot in black. Then again, there is this cordovan option out there:

http://www.selectism.com/news/2011/0...ooks-brothers/

Thats a great boot but also costs almost 1k

Yeah, Image Shack is being problematic. Here's the pic he posted:
    [​IMG]
    That's one gorgeous boot.

I agree thats a nice boot, but once captoe is gone it becomes to plain

I'll ask Richard about it, but I'll assume it'll be closer to 4497 and maybe a bit narrower.
    Pablo-T and sinnedk maybe you can collaborate on the boots design....

i will be happy to collab, the ideal boot i want is a balmoral captoe in shell... but i think shell is going to be too expensive.
    what i have in mind but in grain, no shell, and none of that brogue around (not sure what to call it)
    [​IMG]
    what about an EG copy :)
    [​IMG]
    except in black

i want to collab hopefully on a boot that no one forgets... something that can be very formal and catch many eyes, but also leaves the choice of wearing whenever

10. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

I like the last idea, the EG lookalike in black grain.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

12. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

Sinnedk, I really like the balmoral boot. We might want to ask Richard about using AS for that rather than Trickers. The only problem is I have no idea how any of AS' lasts fit at all.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I'm sure he can do as but which would be better price wise, the pic is rider boot co btw

14. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I'm sure he can do as but which would be better price wise, the pic is rider boot co btw

The last time I was talking to Richard about it, he said that in general, the Alfred Sargents are cheaper. I think if you want cordovan, though, you might find the prices very similar. I only suggest that because I haven't ever seen a balmoral boot from Trickers, but have seen a few from Sargent.

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

The last time I was talking to Richard about it, he said that in general, the Alfred Sargents are cheaper. I think if you want cordovan, though, you might find the prices very similar. I only suggest that because I haven't ever seen a balmoral boot from Trickers, but have seen a few from Sargent.

thanks for point, but can we get as many people in line for an AS boot?