Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

Yeah, that's true. I probably should have worded my original response better, what I meant to say was that I was interested to know what exact MTO make-ups are being considered by SF for AS. rkusmant has already PM'd me with the options, so we are good.

Problem is, how many of us have experience with these lasts? I mean, if I ever went up to Doncaster, I would totally get Richard to help me find an AS size, but from afar, it's pretty difficult when so few people have experience with AS lasts. And if the pricing isn't much different, why stray from Trickers?

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Problem is, how many of us have experience with these lasts? I mean, if I ever went up to Doncaster, I would totally get Richard to help me find an AS size, but from afar, it's pretty difficult when so few people have experience with AS lasts. And if the pricing isn't much different, why stray from Trickers?

I'll be the first to admit that I have no experience with AS' lasts. But I can say that from what I've seen, the AS style is different from Tricker's, it's a little dressier and sleeker on average. That would be a reason for exploring AS rather than just sticking with Tricker's.

3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I actually was in Leffot this past weekend and tried on a couple pairs of Alfred Sargeant shoes, one on the 53 last and one on the 48 Last.

For what its worth, I am TTS 10.5D and I wear a 10.5D in Alden Plaza Last and 10D in Barrie and Trubalance. In a pair of Church's Grafton, I wear a 9.5F.

Anyways, the 9.5E I tried in either AS last was overall too tight, both in terms of width and length. Sizing up to 10E was much better and fit almost spot on in both lasts (the only issue is my own, considering my left foot is ever so slightly smaller than my right, so there was a minor amount of heel slippage on my left foot). Steven told me that in his experience there is no difference between these two lasts aside from the toe box and that people don't size differently between these two lasts.

I hope that is somewhat helpful and would be happy to answer any questions if I can.

4. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Another model Richard is running:
    Monkey Boots in Lollipop Red Cavalier Waxy Calf, natural barbour welt, red dainite sole, 9 eyelets
    Hurry if you want to reserve your size

5. commodorewheeler

I actually was in Leffot this past weekend and tried on a couple pairs of Alfred Sargeant shoes, one on the 53 last and one on the 48 Last.

For what its worth, I am TTS 10.5D and I wear a 10.5D in Alden Plaza Last and 10D in Barrie and Trubalance. In a pair of Church's Grafton, I wear a 9.5F.

Anyways, the 9.5E I tried in either AS last was overall too tight, both in terms of width and length. Sizing up to 10E was much better and fit almost spot on in both lasts (the only issue is my own, considering my left foot is ever so slightly smaller than my right, so there was a minor amount of heel slippage on my left foot). Steven told me that in his experience there is no difference between these two lasts aside from the toe box and that people don't size differently between these two lasts.

I hope that is somewhat helpful and would be happy to answer any questions if I can.

Isn't E the narrow width for AS? I was under the impression that F is the normal width for that brand.

6. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

FWIW, Steven at Leffot said that the AS E width was the standard D width equivalent to US sizing.

7. commodorewheeler

FWIW, Steven at Leffot said that the AS E width was the standard D width equivalent to US sizing.

That definitely makes things more confusing. A Fine Pair of Shoes says that E is the narrow width, and that F is the standard width for AS on their sizing chart:

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/pages/sizing-help

8. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Big shock, I am thoroughly confused now as well.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Another model Richard is running:
    Monkey Boots in Lollipop Red Cavalier Waxy Calf, natural barbour welt, red dainite sole, 9 eyelets
    Hurry if you want to reserve your size

What's the fit like on the monkey boots?

10. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

I was told that the monkey boots will be made on 5402R Last, the fit is true to size to Tricker's boots, somewhat comparable to 4497 last.

11. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

I was told that the monkey boots will be made on 5402R Last, the fit is true to size to Tricker's boots, somewhat comparable to 4497 last.

Yup,

So if you're Alden Barrie 8D, then you would be 8UK for 5402R

12. stylemeister

stylemeister Member

Anyone who would like to order the Eaton in Coffee, according to rkusmant specs? Need 5 guys so let me know soonest so we can get another group order going. Thanks.

13. londonj

londonj Senior member

HI, I'd be interested in the Eaton Coffee.

14. stylemeister

stylemeister Member

Just need 4 more guys for the Eaton Coffee MTO. Please let me know soonest if you are interested [​IMG] . Thanks.

15. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Okay I'll update the info on first page, need to check on pricing first though. Recent increases in price of English made shoes across the board