1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sjmin209, Jan 31, 2011.

1. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

So I purchased a pair of Trickers (Burtons), and I got an email yesterday saying that they shipped.

Strange thing is that I haven't been charged for them yet. Any idea when I get charged?

2. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Took some pictures for those wondering about the color Gold MC. Purchased these last September from STP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For sizing I can't be much help because I haven't tried Aldens or AE. I am usually an 11.5 and I purchased the STP recommended sizing (UK 11). The box says 11 on the outside, the inside of the boots say 11.5.

They are slightly large but with a thin insole and some non-dress socks they seem to fit fine. I was following this thread and considered trying a full size down but I think it would be too tight. I wear 11 in Clarks desert boots but I have to place a thin insole in those also to get a good fit. I also have fairly flat feet if that can be of any help.

11 5 means 11 in 5 width (standard width for Trickers). [​IMG]

3. slide13

slide13 Senior member

whynot- Those look great, love the color. Hope the nut brown looks as good, if not then hopefully they'll still have the gold mc in my size and I'll exchange them. At this point I just hope I got the sizing right...regardless of the color.

4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

11 5 means 11 in 5 width (standard width for Trickers). [​IMG]

Thank you for clarifying that. I wasn't quite sure why the disparity between the box and the shoe. Makes complete sense now.

5. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

@whynot. So you ordered an 11 from STP? We are the same size.

I ordered the 10.5 in coffee but the gold mc looks great. Might robokop those too. Fuck.

6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

@whynot. So you ordered an 11 from STP? We are the same size.

I ordered the 10.5 in coffee but the gold mc looks great. Might robokop those too. Fuck.

Yup, I ordered size 11UK from STP. Please do share how the 10.5 fits when they arrive.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Now that my boots arrived, I'm realizing that 'coffee' is definitely not 'espresso' :\\

Odd how they don't say 'Stow' on them anywhere, and the model number does not come up in a Google search...

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

If you can, I'm real curious to see a better represented photo of the color since i ordered the coffee as well.

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Not a good color or just not what you were expecting?

I got my nut brown ones, you can see a quick iphone pic in the other Tricker's thread, and I'm very happy with the color choice, it was exactly what I was looking for.

10. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

the few pics I've seen make these look more sleek than I was expecting. I'll know in a couple of days I guess

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Coffee and Espresso are two different colors. STP had them listed as Coffee. They do not have Stow written on them.

12. meso

meso Senior member

Coffee and Espresso are two different colors. STP had them listed as Coffee. They do not have Stow written on them.

Do you think these are models for export?

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Do you think these are models for export?

I have no clue. They are first quality.

14. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

All the Trickers sold by STP or the Coffee or Expresso ones ?

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

the few pics I've seen make these look more sleek than I was expecting. I'll know in a couple of days I guess
    Another reason why I don't think these are Stows. These definitely have a toe that is more sleek.

It's hard to figure out my size. The UK9.5 fits well, especially if they stretch a little with wear. The UK10 also fits pretty well, but is maybe a bit long in the toe box. I'd say I'm probably a UK9.5.

I wouldn't say that it is a bad color, just not what I was expecting.
    [​IMG]

16. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

those boots are gorgeous zissou. even if they're not exacly what you expected, if i were you i'd be very happy [​IMG]

17. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Thanks Z. It's not bad, but not what I expected either. Now that I've seen an actual picture, Coffee is a pretty accurate color description. I just ordered nut brown and will return these when they arrive.

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm pretty sure these are Maltons, not Stows. The sleeker tow makes them a little more formal, in my opinion. They are quite nice, but I am just trying to figure out how well this color goes with jeans, which is about all I wear these days. [​IMG]

19. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Malton and Stow are on the same last as far as I can tell. The malton seems to come only in wide widths, called fitting 6. If your boots are more sleek than the stow that wouldn't make sense. This is just stuff I've gleaned from the interwebs, so it may be completely off base.

20. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I'm pretty sure these are Maltons, not Stows. The sleeker tow makes them a little more formal, in my opinion.

They are quite nice, but I am just trying to figure out how well this color goes with jeans, which is about all I wear these days.

I wouldn't be so sure. Maltons tend to be identical to the Stow except in fitting and outsole. They generally only come in a Fitting 6 and have a commando sole. They come on the same last as the Stows.