1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sjmin209, Jan 31, 2011.

1. meso

meso Senior member

Ordered Espresso in 10.5, 11.5, and 11...I really hope a pair fits.

Styleforumites are wylin out.

2. Renton

Renton Senior member

Styleforumites are wylin out.

Had to use urbandictionary to figure that out.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Ordered like 9 pairs hope they fit.

4. Renton

Renton Senior member

[​IMG]

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

shape of the stow last is short and wide ... closest US thing is the trubalance i think, but the aldens are longer for the same volume of the interior. my guess would be US 10.5 trubalance is closest to UK 10.5 stow, but YMMV

brannock device says 10 UK = 10.5 US

if your foot is more long than fat, go down 1/2 size for UK conversion. i.e., if 10.5 US, get a 10 UK stow.

if your foot is more fat than long, go down 1 size for UK conversion. shoes will probably fit you best as that is the shape of the last. if 10.5 US, get a 9.5 UK stow.

err on the side of big .. these are country boots ... i wear them all winter in snow and ice ... thick wool socks are ideal ... they make your feet 1/2 size bigger

you would not wear the stows much in the summer unless you like hot feet ... so do not size for thin dress socks

everyone's feet and fitting taste is different ... do not panic if you think you ordered wrong ... wait and see ...

i ordered my barrie size (10.5 barrie, 10.5 UK stow) as i wear stows in much the same conditions as i wear the barrie boots

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

excellent, I think we have similarly sized feet.

7. Renton

Renton Senior member

everyone's feet and fitting taste is different ... do not panic if you think you ordered wrong ... wait and see ...
    Thanks for the sizing advice, especially about the thick socks.

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Anybody from the UK estimated the rough import tax an handlers fee?

Last order I had from STP came via UPS and from memory they have high handling costs on top of the VAT/Import duty.

9. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

Anybody from the UK estimated the rough import tax an handlers fee? Last order I had from STP came via UPS and from memory they have high handling costs on top of the VAT/Import duty.
    Yup, I think it's minimum £12 from UPS; they'll charge VAT on the amount including shipping, so you'll probably pay £54-62 in charges now we have 20 per cent VAT. So sadly, conceivable savings are pretty marginal - unless you have a proxy who'll send them as a gift. Tempting, but I think it's a visit to the factory shop for me...

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Yup, I think it's minimum £12 from UPS; they'll charge VAT on the amount including shipping, so you'll probably pay £54-62 in charges now we have 20 per cent VAT.

So sadly, conceivable savings are pretty marginal - unless you have a proxy who'll send them as a gift.

Tempting, but I think it's a visit to the factory shop for me...

That's what I was thinking...

BTW If anyone is after bright green suede Stows, ASOS has a few sizes left for £206 UK

11. hefner

hefner Well-Known Member

I can't decide between the gold mc and the nut brown? Any advice? Thanks!

12. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

The lack of small sizes just saved me a decent chunk of change. Damn.

13. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Hard to tell how they'll look in real life. I went with nut brown, seemed like a nice color. The gold mc looked a little flat in the pictures...but who knows if that means anything in real life. If the snowstorms in the midwest don't hold it up mine should be here Friday and I'll post some real life pictures once I get them. If anybody gets theres sooner would love to see some shots.

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

15. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

16. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

Just bought a pair of the brogues in nut brown. Already have a pair of Stows or I'd jump all over that one as well. Quite a nice deal. Pondering whether to also get a pair of the black captoes.

For those asking for sizing advice: I wear 10.5D in all my AEs and my Stows are 9.5.

17. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

So are the ones on STP Paisleys, given the 5 eyelets?

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

So are the ones on STP Paisleys, given the 5 eyelets?

Look like it to me.

19. scourage

scourage Senior member

20. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Took some pictures for those wondering about the color Gold MC. Purchased these last September from STP. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] For sizing I can't be much help because I haven't tried Aldens or AE. I am usually an 11.5 and I purchased the STP recommended sizing (UK 11). The box says 11 on the outside, the inside of the boots say 11.5. They are slightly large but with a thin insole and some non-dress socks they seem to fit fine. I was following this thread and considered trying a full size down but I think it would be too tight. I wear 11 in Clarks desert boots but I have to place a thin insole in those also to get a good fit. I also have fairly flat feet if that can be of any help.