1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sjmin209, Jan 31, 2011.

1. The Pastoral Utopian

The Pastoral Utopian Active Member

The label on my pair of Burfords is stitched in. I've been wearing them a lot in very wet weather and like the other pair, the label has bled significantly, leaving a red spot on the socks. The Dainite sole is surprisingly good on ice even with the nubs quite flattened.

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Those scotch grain Burfords are the only pair of Tricker's I have with a glued label.
    It also seems that only about half of my pairs even have that label.

3. Scrounger

Scrounger Senior member

In case anyone's curious - the "Beechnut Burnished" color seems almost identical to AE's Walnut (especially Burnished Walnut.) I took a pair of not-Stows out of the box and found they pretty much matched the factory-second AE Daltons I picked up during the last sale - the Trickers are maybe just a tiny bit darker. Going to be hard to justify keeping both - maybe I can darken the Trickers a bit more.

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Very interesting, TPU, that your STP Burfords have a stitched-in label and others have a glued-in label.

The leather responds very well to Renovateur, fwiw.

There is no one sole that is best for ice -- except maybe one with metal spikes -- but I also find Dainite to be equally good/bad as leather or commando. The big advantage of Dainite is how easily it wipes clean on a doormat. This is the whole point of the bottom being designed the way it is.

5. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

if anyone has a US 9/9.5 trickers boots in any model, they are looking to sell, please pm me.

6. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

What's the deal with these "Aldo-style" boots I can't find information about that style anywhere else.

Made for STP?

[​IMG]

7. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

8. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

Check here often:STP@retailmenot. Make sure to scroll all the way down as sometimes the better, newer ones can get mixed in with the older ones.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  9. mustardontoast

mustardontoast Active Member

Does anyone know when they will start stocking more sizes in the stow look a like?

10. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

For codes, sign up for the Dealflyer. It appears you get better offers after you've been a customer for a while, but who knows if that is true.

There are sometimes codes on the back of the mailings they send.

Codes are mostly one-time use these days.

I don't work for STP but can only guess that if they ever restock, it would be next November or so, as they this was the second year they rolled out the boots just in time for winter.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Is this normal for Trickers? Got a pair of seconds and there seems to be glue left?
    [​IMG]

Also these are marked 10.5 correct? STP said I was getting size 10. It's a bit long but not too bad and width is spot on
    [​IMG]

12. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Those are a size 10, 5 width fitting. Tricker's marks half size with ½, i.e. 10½. Oh, and afaik, STP Tricker's are not seconds.

I can be quite fussy, but that bit of excess glue where they attached the ½ sockliner wouldn't bother me at all.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Just got a pair in 10 plain toe and the shoes are completely destroyed. Box is fully apart, creasing all over, scratches on shoe and light shoe wear on soles. Unbelievable that they would sell these as new

14. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

@stevent
    Where did you get em? Can you post pics?

15. meso

meso Senior member

I assume he got em at STP...
    That sucks, stevent.
    Good luck with an easy return!

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah gonna take some when I got home. Got them from STP when they had 40% last week

17. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Unfortunately, this is not unusual for STP. I've had a few shoes arrive like this, apparently having been purchased and returned several times. Once the shoes were in as bad shape as your sound, and I called them up and insisted that they provide free shipping back and refund the original shipping charges, which they did. They should remove shoes from "new" inventory at a certain point.

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks for the info, they offered free shipping back, may just return instead of exchange like I wanted...

19. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

20. bucephalous

bucephalous New Member

I'm between an 11 and 11 1/2 in most dress shoes and I went with the 10 (uk) in the Williams chukka. Fits great length wise, width is right on the cusp of being too narrow. I rarely have to buy wide shoes, though it happens occasionally. I wear mostly Bally or Varvatos for dress shoes/boots and the width is normally spot on. These work, but it's narrow enough you should be aware of it.