• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to the sizes listed on the shoes themselves. That would mean US sizes for the Aldens and UK sizes for the Trickers. So I think a UK 10.5 in this Tricker's boot fits like a US 11.25, while a US 11 in the Alden Barrie/Trubalance last fits like a US 11.5. I hope that helps. I'm a pretty true 11.5 I'd say and fit great in the US 11 Barrie/Trubalance lasts but these UK 10.5 Tricker's are feeling just a little too small.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hefner
"I'm liking the Gold MC. As far as color name's go it sure sounds cooler than Nut Brown."

I actually ordered both colors. To my undiscerning eye, they looked the same. I kept the Gold MC.

They do run wide, which is good for me, and the UK to US conversion seems to be a little bigger than a half size up and a little smaller than whole size up. Eg, UK10 = US10 3/4.

same here. A friend and I were confused by this. They're exactly the same color as far as I can tell.

Sizing: They ended up fitting 1/2 size larger than my TTS. 10UK Trickers vs. 10.5 US TTS (for boots and dress shoes). I have relatively narrow feet. These are definately high-volume boots and the two sides actually meet when I lace them up snug. I'm going to see if insoles will counteract this.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Probably not necessary with the dainite soles.

You can, though. I've done it. It's dainite over leather. The nails won't grab into solid rubber, but since there is a layer of leather above the layer of dainite, you can get heel or toe protectors knocked on there.

Whether your should or not depends on how quickly you wear down those spots vs. wearing down the center of the sole.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they sent me the wrong size? Email and Box says 10, but the inside is marked 10.5 I think? can anyone confirm?
IMAG0148.jpg

veloaudio

Reaction score
^My 10's have the same '10.5.' I believe that means size 10, 5 last.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I think they sent me the wrong size? Email and Box says 10, but the inside is marked 10.5 I think?

can anyone confirm?

10 is the size, 5 is the width.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks guys, though I'm a bit confused. the email says 10. does that mean UK or US size? since 10 is marked on the inside, I assume it's a UK size? I honestly forget what I ordered
frown.gif

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks guys, though I'm a bit confused.

the email says 10. does that mean UK or US size? since 10 is marked on the inside, I assume it's a UK size? I honestly forget what I ordered
frown.gif

I believe its UK size

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 5 on your trickers means size 10UK, fitting 5 (regular width) Tricker's has their own special system for widths. 5 = regular, 6 = wide for examples see pediwear: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/trickers/ranges/32.php STP must be handling a ton of returns/complaints about that.

Nopike343

Reaction score
I think they sent me the wrong size? Email and Box says 10, but the inside is marked 10.5 I think?

can anyone confirm?

Most important thing is do they fit well regardless what the size is.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tricker's half sizes are marked with an h (eg 9h).

Whatever the hell these boots are, they're not Stows.
Stows on the left. Not Stows on the right. Both in same size.
The Stow soles are quite a bit wider. I wish I had gone a half size up.
With the Stows I can wear a boot sock. These Not Stows are going to be thin socks only for me.
stownotstow.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
prefer stows > not stows

coldforge

Reaction score
zippy, what color are your not-stows? mostly i just love that acorn ****, though i don't think they had any at STP. i went for nut brown -- which should be here tomorrow.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stows are Acorn. Not Stows are nut brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads