Tricker's at Sierra Trading Post

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sjmin209, Jan 31, 2011.

1. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Took some pictures for those wondering about the color Gold MC. Purchased these last September from STP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For sizing I can't be much help because I haven't tried Aldens or AE. I am usually an 11.5 and I purchased the STP recommended sizing (UK 11). The box says 11 on the outside, the inside of the boots say 11.5.

They are slightly large but with a thin insole and some non-dress socks they seem to fit fine. I was following this thread and considered trying a full size down but I think it would be too tight. I wear 11 in Clarks desert boots but I have to place a thin insole in those also to get a good fit. I also have fairly flat feet if that can be of any help.

Gold MC looks great in the pic.
    Now I can't remember which color I ordered. Hopefully it was gold mc.

2. veloaudio

veloaudio Senior member

I bought brogues that were delivered today. I will try and get some pics up tonight.

Thanks. You probably posted earlier but what color?

3. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Thanks. You probably posted earlier but what color?
    I picked up the coffee color.

4. The Pastoral Utopian

The Pastoral Utopian Active Member

This is my first post as I was lurking on this site while I was trying to decide whether or not to go ahead and order these brogue boots from STP- nowhere do they indicate that they're Stows. I'm a 10/3E in AE shoes and went with the 10 Tricker's boot - the fit is exceptional! As pointed out out above, these are quite high volume, which is necessary for me as I have a high arch, wide forefoot and narrow ankles. I was nervous being in Canada and having to incur added shipping expense if the I misfired on the fit, but it worked out better than I imagined.

I got the Gold MC as it looked like there would be less of a contrast with the sole compared with the slightly lighter Nut Brown. The boots look great and fit as though they were custom made. Many thanks to the forum for the invaluable info... made my guess more of an educated one!

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Mine don't say Stow on them, the box and the boot list the style as the M7395. Maybe it's something they do to get rid of some excess product or leather without making it directly comperable to existing models so as not to detract as much from the value of their boots that retailers have on their shelves? Who knows, but the quality seems great on mine and I'm thrilled with the look of them.
    good theory. my guess is they made for STP. this is at least the second time they have offered these boots.
    It says: 893699 M7395 10 5
    my boots from the fall 2009 batch have the same m 7395 code. I have always thought they were stows ... in pictures I don't see a difference ... I would like to see a side by side shot
    This is my first post
    glad they worked out for you ... & welcome ...

6. lambchop

lambchop Well-Known Member

I geeked out pretty hard on color choice and compared all the swatches on shoehealer's site and special makeups on rakuten.com. I ended up going with Gold MC as it looked to be the most balanced of the three with the darker sole edge trim. I think I will be happier with a less chunky profile than the stow as that was my one concern with these boots. I'll post photos when they arrive as well. I have two pairs coming in 9.5 and 10. Thanks to the OP for this deal.

7. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Here are pics of the brogues in coffee.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

^ VERY cool. Here is what Burnished Coffee truly looks like in daylight. [​IMG] I went with same size as the Barrie last in Alden and the fit is spot on. They are very good boots, especially at the price we all paid.

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Now I'm really kicking myself for not getting these...especially now that the 30% coupon has expired.

[​IMG] you Moo for posting that.

10. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

SITEMAD211 will get you 20% and they always run coupons. I normally take a 9 in the Alden Barrie last and had to go with the UK8.5 in the Tricker's, I lucked out because the Tricker's fit great.

11. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I am confused by all the photos. The coffees are looking pretty different.

I ordered my Barrie size as well. Since I already own this boot in nut brown, I expect a good fit. Unfortunately I still have to wait many days for the shipment to get here ... I assume the bad weather in the eastern half of the US is to blame for that.

12. spence

spence Senior member

^ VERY cool.

Here is what Burnished Coffee truly looks like in daylight.

[​IMG]

I went with same size as the Barrie last in Alden and the fit is spot on. They are very good boots, especially at the price we all paid.

Got the same boots from last year. Color is excellent. Went down 1/2 size and they're perfect with a thick sock. They are boots after all.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Got the same boots from last year. Color is excellent. Went down 1/2 size and they're perfect with a thick sock. They are boots after all.

I have a pair of these in 9 that dont fit me, is anyone interested to take them off my hands, just cost which was $316.2 + shipping.
    PM me, i posted a pic of mine here:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=4089090

14. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

as an condescending hipster might say, coffee is not espresso.

15. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

The boots are sweet! The coffee colors do look a little different between the shoes and the boots. Wish they had my size in the boots...35% off today!
    ^ VERY cool. Here is what Burnished Coffee truly looks like in daylight. [​IMG] I went with same size as the Barrie last in Alden and the fit is spot on. They are very good boots, especially at the price we all paid.