1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Triathlons

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by dsgNYC, Feb 24, 2009.

1. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Senior member

I am "training" for a sprint tri right now. I have no clue how I will do, but it is a short enough event that I have done the swim/run portion of it several mornings this week. I don't have a road bike right now, So I have been spinning and MTN biking to get my bike legs ready. If i can ge the bike part sorted out I think I may go for an olympic tri later in the year.

On that can any one tell me if bying a 1998 GT Strike road bike would be a good deal for $400 (in good shape)? Here are the specs http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycle...T_Strike__1998

2. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

resurrecting this old post because i just did my first tri today. Olympic distance...what a blast. my time was nothing special (i was next to last in my age group) but i also did it no wetsuit and with a mt bike. with the proper gear, i hope to be more competitive in the next one.

so regale us once again with your tri stories, new or otherwise!

-Jeff

3. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Did my first sprint triathlon Sunday. 750m swim/14 mile bike/3.11 mile run

Makes me want to do more.

4. vm1336

vm1336 Well-Known Member

It gets addictive, and you might find yourself spending lots of time on tri forums - if you don't already. I went from sprints all the way through to Ironman distance before having kids derailed my training. Now I'm attempting to get back into it in moderation.