1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tretorn sneakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kent Wang, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Sander

Sander Senior member

In how far do they look different to Chucks? And which of them is more comfortable?

2. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

they're slimmer in the sole all around. the canvas is better quality. they're both not the most comfortable shoes.

3. Sander

Sander Senior member

I'd never try to walk in Chucks without insoles anyway, so I'll prob do the same with Tretorns...

4. JelloLover

JelloLover Senior member

They seem pretty nice in person..made out of a nylon type material...if u are in nyc they have a bunch of these at daphys

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

I've tried several styles of Tretorn, and I think that Fred Perry is sleeker, better made and far, far more comfortable. The only downside would be FP is pretty branded usually.

6. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

I have some T-56 leather mids I picked up on a steal, I like them asthetically and slightly more comfortwise than chuck taylors. They're a pretty slim shoe, and fit exactly the same size as my chuck taylors.

The only strange thing I've noticed from wearing them is that the soles show slight impressions of my feet... Which I've never had happen before on a rubber sneaker. The soles don't seem to be wearing unually fast either, just literally molding to my foot.

7. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I have some T-56 hi tops in leather. To be honest, I find chucks a lot more comfortable. The shape is nice though.

8. Sander

Sander Senior member

How do they run, sizing-wise, in relation to Chucks?

edit: okay, dumb question, I'll stand in the corner now and be ashamed of myself.

9. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

I find they run true to size.. as in 1/2 size up from chucks.

10. Sander

Sander Senior member

I ordered the T-56 in the same size as my chucks - which I took half a size larger to add insoles.
    They should arrive tomorrow, so I'll see.

11. Sander

Sander Senior member

Shoes arrived, and at first, I was a bit disappointed. Colour and styling is good, but they looked quite chunky and plump. The toe is quite wide, and the rubber toe cap quite short, enhancing the effect.
    I'll return them since they are too short but rather wide. Funny fit. It's really sad since after I looked at them for a while I liked them. One just has to get used to them being not as slim as Chucks. btw, they are about as comfortable as Chucks (which means I couldn't wear them without insoles).
    I now think about ordering them half a size larger but I think the fit just isn't good for my slender feet. Quality-wise they look fine, though one has to keep in mind that I never really wore them.
    Took some pics anyway cause I really liked the green/orange coulour combo and wanted to share:
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^I like those. The colour is great. Shame about the fit.

13. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

My sister used to wear Tretorns back in the late 70s. With those little socks with the balls on the back.

I like the Skanes (grey wool w/oxblood leather. and the nylon high-tops). I just need to find them locally to try them on.

14. a_nun

a_nun Well-Known Member

So then..it'd be safe to say they're much wider than chucks? I love my chucks and JP's, but unfortunatly they aren't the most comfortable only because they're just too damn narrow...can my toes breathe in these?

15. Sander

Sander Senior member

So then..it'd be safe to say they're much wider than chucks? I love my chucks and JP's, but unfortunatly they aren't the most comfortable only because they're just too damn narrow...can my toes breathe in these?

yep, definitely. I'd also recommend going up another half size from your Chuck size.

16. a_nun

a_nun Well-Known Member

awesome.
    thanks for the info...

17. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

18. racknac

racknac Senior member

they suck don't buy them... I bought 2 pairs within the last 6 months and now one of them has started to rip apart... did not use them heavily... additionally you can tell the quality of them is shitty... not super comfortable for sneakers, i had to put an extra pad in the foot to make them bearable.

19. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

can anyone confirm T56 sizing? I wear 8 in chuck hightops, 9.5 in Purcells

Thanks!

20. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

they suck don't buy them... I bought 2 pairs within the last 6 months and now one of them has started to rip apart... did not use them heavily... additionally you can tell the quality of them is shitty... not super comfortable for sneakers, i had to put an extra pad in the foot to make them bearable.
    I've been wearing a pair for work, involving lots of walking, for like a year and no problems. Also, I think they look best with my skinnier jeans since the soles are so low profile. And I had to size up for width, same as my Nikes.