1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trepanier wins Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man contest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LaoHu, Sep 2, 2009.

1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Weirdly enough, the first guy looked the best on camera.

From the screen shot alone, Ontario Armstrong had the best look and was the most at ease on the broadcast. Still, Dan T. had some great combos that appealed to the eds of Esquire.

Sorry, but Foo did not stand a chance. I know you guys love him, but he was the bottom of the barrel. Ontario had the best look to me and the confidence to back it up.

just from what I saw on MSNBC, I'd vote for the first guy, he looked really comfortable. Foo was way too uptight, but not that it would change the outcome though, gratz on coming so far.

I disagree- I thought the two black guys looked well-dressed and most comfortable in this appearance. I know the winner wasn't judged on this appearance, but if those two come off looking that "comfortable" and put together on a daily basis - then they were the winners IMO.

First guy was best dressed except for the shoes.

Ontario did. Santino's too short to wear jeans so loose. But they did bring a little cool, which I realize some people are against.

+1, though the pants seemed long.

I thought Onterio was the best by a bit, with Foo coming a close second.

Santino's jacket def had forum approved texture and shape. He looks charming and comfortable, well as comfy as you can be if involved in this stuff.

I thought the jacket was fresh and the scarf also, the jeans were too baggy.

For me, it was between Foo and Ontario. I put Foo ahead, not by a mile, but by a significant margin.

+1. I liked Santino's jacket and thought Ontario's bell bottoms looked good on him.

+10000000. Ontario looked the best of the lot. shows the vast difference between dressing well and looking good.

again congrats to Foo though. you definitely did well to get to the Finals.

Doesn't suprise me to hear an anti-Asian bias was the reason for Foo's not being selected on this forum where I feel for whatever reasons Asian posters get fawned over (some rightfully, others not). As far as the result, I think it would have been antiFoo for him to have won. His look is based on classicism and anti-trend. Esquire is a magazine all about trends. It speaks volumes about how well he dresses to have been selected in the top 5, to transcend trend. I'm sure even he would have been disappointed to have been named america's, for all intensive purposes, "trendiest" guy.

you really think foo wouldnt have liked to win it? come on man.

In this case, I don't think race has anything to do with it. The idea that there is some deference given to someone on this site because he is asian is kind of amusing to me. I haven't experienced love like that since I was picked for the math team in elementary school.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

Foo You did a great job keep it up

I do away with all the prizes except for the IWC Portuguese

I'd keep the cash, the watch, and the magazine feature.

myke

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Foo just got introduced to the nation by a former Spice Girl's cover of "It's Raining Men." That is, well, awesome.

[​IMG]

I just watched the video and the only guy that looked even remotely comfortable on camera was the first guy.

Yeah, he was the only one who looked like he was enjoying himself.

[​IMG]

Evil, aren't you. [​IMG]

Foo smiled!!!

[​IMG]

I'm frightened now.

I watched the online version. I think they are all winners.

Your sarcasm is so strong it burnt through the internet and onto my screen.

Trepanier looked good. He is just copying every trick from a Ralph Lauren look-book, but that is OK. After all, all the guys got their look from someone including Foo (who, like always, had a well put together classic wardrobe)

+1

Overall, congratulations to the Foo; pretty cool achievement and I hope you had fun with it all. I liked the first guy's look the best but I can definitely see why Trepanier won too. And the whole event has been great fun for us viewers too. Thanks Foo (and all the other entrants!).

4. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

She has a hint of attractiveness.

If you like Annie Leibovitz.

5. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Sorry, but wearing a scarf indoors, in the summer no less, is just way too affected for me.

6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

If you like Annie Leibovitz.

Boner.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

did anyone see closely how Dan snubbed Foo when they were congratulating him? Foo graciously cupped his elbow to congratulate him, but i didnt see him make eye contact with Foo nor shake his hand.

8. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

It's all good, Foo already have an IWC Port anyways [​IMG] Congrats for making this far Mafoo!

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

I haven't read the whole thread, but someone must have already pointed out that winning is losing here. You get a 10k Kenneth Cole outfit and a tax bill. Dan T just "won" about 4k in taxes and an outfit he could have bought for 2k on sale.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I haven't read the whole thread, but someone must have already pointed out that winning is losing here. You get a 10k Kenneth Cole outfit and a tax bill. Dan T just "won" about 4k in taxes and an outfit he could have bought for 2k on sale.

No

11. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

No

No, why? Sounds about right. Or perhaps a lower tax rate since he's a student.

12. RSS

RSS Senior member

How could this happen?
    Take a look any popular "Best List." Rarely is the top position occupied by something that is truly the best.

13. KHosten

KHosten Active Member

Take a look any popular "Best List." Rarely is the top position occupied by something that is truly the best.

Like Letterman's Top Ten list.

14. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Cause you also get 15,000 and a watch?

15. haganah

haganah Senior member

I don't know how people keep their cool in front of a camera. Not sure if there was a spotlight on you Foo but if there was, I'm sure that made it exponentially more difficult.

16. gdl203

This
    Cause you also get 15,000 cash and an IWC watch?

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

did anyone see closely how Dan snubbed Foo when they were congratulating him? Foo graciously cupped his elbow to congratulate him, but i didnt see him make eye contact with Foo nor shake his hand.

He was literally overlooked.

18. gdl203

[​IMG]

19. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe foo can get his own talk show on one of those cable networks -- style or fashionTV or Bravo or whatever. Folded Eye for teh Str8 Guy or something.

20. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I Lol'ed and subsequently almost choked.