1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trendy Shoes in DC

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scnupe7, Jun 3, 2005.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Can anyone recommend a place in DC or a website that sells somewhat trendy shoes. I'm looking for a brown loafer with somewhat of a pointy or round toe to wear out to clubs, bars, etc. I've looked on yoox, but really haven't found anything.

Thanks

2. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Okay, I'll bite.

If you walk up Wisconsin Ave from the intersection with M St. in Georgetown, you are going to find tons of shops with a wide variety of crazy, flashy shoes. Like Deion Sanders might wear. The biggest and craziest of these establishments is Soulier. If you keep walking even farther up Wisconsin, sanity will prevail and you will eventually run across Sky Valet, where you can buy Greens, Westons, Vass, Yanko, and Alden.

3. Lydia

Lydia Senior member

That's interesting. Prior to coming to this forum, I shoe-shopped in that area. I remember thinking that there were a lot of stores with pretty cool shoes and then, up a little way, a few shops with more boring options. Of course, now I have realized that quality rarely comes in a flashy package.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Berluti is that rarity.

5. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Why have you not called me about this....I might have something you would like.

6. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I'm going to Georgetown today, so I will check these places out. I don't wanna look like Deion Sanders or some pimp, but at the same time. I don't want to look like I am going to the office.

7. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

(scnupe7 @ June 03 2005,13:23) Can anyone recommend a place in DC or a website that sells somewhat trendy shoes. Â I'm looking for a brown loafer with somewhat of a pointy or round toe to wear out to clubs, bars, etc. Â I've looked on yoox, but really haven't found anything. Thanks
    Why have you not called me about this....I might have something you would like.
    I didn't think you would have anything like this. What do you have?

8. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I went by some of those stores today. Not quite my style. Looks like placed NFL and NBA players would shop.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

10. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Thanks AC. I'll check it out this weekend. Hopefully they will have more than the sqare toes I saw last weekend.

11. Ambulance Chaser

I should note that I have never been to Carbon. Â If you don't find anything you like, at least you're next door to Ben's Chili Bowl, so it's not a wasted trip.

12. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Saks and Neimans in the Mazza Gallerie have nothing but trendy shoes, IMHO -- have you looked there?

13. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Havn't been there yet, but I plan to go this weekend.  Is that at the Friendship Heights Metro stop?

14. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

(RJMan @ June 07 2005,09:31) Saks and Neimans in the Mazza Gallerie have nothing but trendy shoes, IMHO -- have you looked there?
    Havn't been there yet, but I plan to go this weekend. Â Is that at the Friendship Heights Metro stop?
    Yeah.

15. Ambulance Chaser

I visited Neimans at Mazza Gallerie this past weekend.  They now carry Testoni, Mantellassi, and Zegna, in addition to Prada and Ferragamo.  For your English shoe fix, you will have to go down Wisconsin to Sky Valet, however.