• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trends you hate on plebs

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
^^^
****, are you one of those "I want to see real people modeling" types? I didn't know that fashion magazines using... get this, skinny models, was a hipster thing.

No, I wouldn't say that I am one of those "I want to see real people modeling" types.
In addition, I most definitely appreciate art and culture to the max.

However, magazines like this are less culture and more 'scene,' if you ask me. Fashion, like you guys will admit, is cyclical (just like scenes and trends). Culture is more permanent, like style.
Considering that magazines are periodicals by definition, they showcase trends and what is currently cool (i.e. things a hipster would eat right up and embrace and then use to justify their pretentious attitudes)

BUT LIKE I SAID, i've never even picked this magazine up so im judging a book by its cover...But in the end, I equate it to something like VICE which may be a bad comparison. but do you see where I am coming from?

BTW, hipsters were originally beefy black jazz musicians...

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate how some think there is culture and then there is the scene! Like wtf do you think culture is? I'm sick of this style vs. fashion BS, like some sort of justification for being able to enjoy clothes. I'm not in it for fashion, im in it for style.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a girl with a denim skirt and a pair of uggs at the park today.
confused.gif
Helps that she was bangin.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't think you can deny that there is a dichotomy between fashion and style.

fashion is ed hardy. fashion is LV. fashion is the flavor of the month

style is slim denim. style is unfabricated fits. style doesn't have a brand name.

EDIT: i agree, im done with this. haha

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
style is slim denim. style is unfabricated fits. style doesn't have a brand name.
I lol'd.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Saw a girl with a denim skirt and a pair of uggs at the park today.
confused.gif

Helps that she was bangin.

my college campus has lots of stairs
mwink[1].gif
mwink[1].gif
mwink[1].gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score

slim raw denim doesn't make anyone instantly stylish. having a red line on your outseam doesn't mean anything either. pretty sure pac sun and UO have slim dark denim as well. i guess they're both into timeless style as well

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't think you can deny that there is a dichotomy between fashion and style.

fashion is ed hardy. fashion is LV. fashion is the flavor of the month

EDIT: i agree, im done with this. haha

Keep telling yourself all these things. Fashion is clothing. Style is like someone's manner, it can be good or bad.

A good deal of the clothing we love on this forum, guess what? Those designers studied fashion, not style....

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
slim raw denim doesn't make anyone instantly stylish. having a red line on your outseam doesn't mean anything either. pretty sure pac sun and UO have slim dark denim as well. i guess they're both into timeless style as well

hey man, i have myself a pair of slims from pacsun. and that's exactly my point. It doesnt have to be a name brand to look good.

and I admit, I shoulda said 'proper fitting denim' instead of 'slim denim'

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Still waiting for styleforum approved alden boots with mirror cameras on the toes?
laugh.gif

actually i was wearing my junn j sneaks and i was thinking that the patent leather would act as a mirror of sorts, sadly it would have required me to walk creepily close behind a girl.

ilkandi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
BACK TO ****** TRENDS

Saw some dude get off the metro today wearing an oversized sports coat and a hat with a red feather on it. wtf

which stop, what time of night and was he accompanied by his 'secretary"?

One trend I disliked seeing last month was guys in skinny red jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads