• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trenchcoats

Symbas27

Reaction score
I am looking for a slim fitting trenchcoat similar to the one at H&M. I would have bought the one at H&M but they didnt have my size left. It was black, and on the short side, hitting mid-thigh. I know Banana Republic makes one that looks extremely similar but it is a little above my price range. Can anyone think of where I can get something similar under $150? Heres a link to the banana republic one. Thanks

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...658&pid=626569

br626569-00p01v01.jpg

CaesarSTL

Reaction score
If you are willing to wait a little bit you can certainly get the banana republic one for at least 30%off. I have the "fall edition" of this coat in stone that I picked up for less then $100, and I think this coat came out about a month ago so it should go on sale in a little bit. I wouldn't pay full retail if I were you, as I have never seen banana republic not having a sale of some kind, and they'll search other stores for you if they run out of your size online or locally. Btw, that coat is made out of polyester and is quite thin, so for rain only not warmth if it matters to you at all.

As for other suggestions, can't help you there at the moment (at work and nothing on the top of my head...)

svelten

Reaction score
Maybe pick up a used H&M x commes des garcons trench? I recall those looked decent and they're quite long + on the slimmer side. Think the insane markups are over with now and they should be around your price range

nordicstyle

Reaction score
I think you can order the H&M coat online, which may solve your size problem. Usually the (physical) store can also call other (nearby) stores to check if they have your size.

I'm also looking for a similar coat, but the H&M one isn't available in my size either (biggest they have is 54, which is too small for me), so any other suggestions are welcome.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the Collingwood trench by Barbour. Last time I checked, it was on sale (at their store, but you can probably find a deal online).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads