1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trench coat user's guide

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mega, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Mega

Mega Member

I just bought a DB Aquascutum trench coat and I am liking the coat (needs to be dry cleaned though). Problem is, this being my first trench, there appears to be so many bells and whistles in that coat that I don't know what to do with them. [​IMG]

I might post pictures later, but I was just wondering if there is page explaining in detail what all those buttons, loops and pieces of fabric are I'd appreciate that a lot. I tried searching for thread about trench coats, but I did not see anything regarding how to use the trench coat [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

2. m_wave

m_wave Senior member

My office is next to Aquascutum on Regent St and ogle their wares regularly! Great coats, but perhaps you may have more luck if you post some pictures..

3. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

forgive my ignorance, but i'm not sure what the problem is...

pockets = put stuff in
    buttons = to button up the jacket
    fabric = to keep you warm
    loops = keeps the belt in place

??????

4. jkw

jkw Senior member

He's probably asking about the different ways of buttoning/wearing, storm flaps and extra closure etc.

Personally, I like to keep my grenades on the D-rings

5. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

He's probably asking about the different ways of buttoning/wearing, storm flaps and extra closure etc.

Personally, I like to keep my grenades on the D-rings

i think a pic would help then, since trench styles differ greatly brand to brand.

but seriously, button them as you wish, not sure how you can go wrong.

storm flaps - leave them alone, what else can you do? extra closure?

6. apropos

apropos Senior member

forgive my ignorance, but i'm not sure what the problem is...

pockets = put stuff in
    buttons = to button up the jacket
    fabric = to keep you warm
    loops = keeps the belt in place

??????

gun flap? throat latch? rear vent button? front hem button?

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I just bought a DB Aquascutum trench coat and I am liking the coat (needs to be dry cleaned though). Problem is, this being my first trench, there appears to be so many bells and whistles in that coat that I don't know what to do with them. [​IMG]

I might post pictures later, but I was just wondering if there is page explaining in detail what all those buttons, loops and pieces of fabric are I'd appreciate that a lot. I tried searching for thread about trench coats, but I did not see anything regarding how to use the trench coat [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Is it the Kingsgate model, by any chance? If so, take a look at the Aquascutum DB trench in my sales post in my sig - there are pics of me wearing it in a few different configurations. The fun of a trenchcoat is its military origins; I love all the bells & whistles that they come with... even if I don't wear grenades in day to day life! [​IMG]