• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat : Khaki Vs. Black

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a khaki mackintosh instead.

Fudas

Reaction score
I was wondering this same question. Does the camelhair really go with everything? I've got a dark blue Boss suit which I'll wear with medium brown Toressi shoes. I want a topcoat as I'll be attending a wedding at the end of february. You guys think khaki/camelhair is still a good bet?

Bostonian

Reaction score
Khaki.

IMO A full length black tench (especially during the day) gives the impressoion of eccentricity or mental instability. A short fashion length, perhaps less so.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy.

I have a mid thigh number by Barbour.

Perfect.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dsmolken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Avoid the short trench. I like updates to classics as much as the next man but I've always hated the short trench. Takes all the drama and utility out of an originally brilliant design.
There's a lot of drama and utility in dressing like Inspector Clouseau.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a medium khaki and a navy trench. I reach for the Navy more often. Would look into getting some kind of plaid before black...

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Remember
Now, just to throw something else into the mix; what do you think of this?

http://uk.burberry.com/fcp/product/c...AT/10000003490

I saw a girl wearing something like that. It was short enough to show off her stocking tops. She had great thighs. Looked great on her.
tounge.gif

Remember

Reaction score
lol. Touche.

Aggh, im still mixed up on which to get, despite the obvious favouring of the Khaki. I plan on getting a shorter trench, so black may not be that bad. My main reasoning is that Im still a very young fit man, so a very slim fitted black trench will make me look very dashing, without looking older or too mainstream

Invicta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Remember
lol. Touche.

Aggh, im still mixed up on which to get, despite the obvious favouring of the Khaki. I plan on getting a shorter trench, so black may not be that bad. My main reasoning is that Im still a very young fit man, so a very slim fitted black trench will make me look very dashing, without looking older or too mainstream

It sounds like you have your mind made up. Ultimately you should buy what you are most comfortable wearing and if that's black then by all means purchase the black. Just don't post it in WAYWRN unless you like having scorn heaped upon you...

FWIW +1 for Khaki

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads