• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench coat belt buckle replacement?

Laaca

Reaction score
If your in need of a real leather buckle try ATbutton.com

Kerry Reynolds

Reaction score
Try calling it a sash or sash belt buckle. You should get some responses with that. Mine did not have a tongue, so it was more like a sash.

NDND2012

Reaction score
Anybody replaced the plastic buckles on a burberry trench with the leather ones? Is this a do it yourself project or will a tailor be necessary to take the belt etc apart / put it back together?

Mid-Modernist

Reaction score
Bump.

Got a vintage Burberry from E-bay recently, and it looked great but for the condition of the buckles. I e-mailed Burberry through their main site, and while they did ask when and where I got the coat (Claimed ignorance!). The agreed to sell me replacements.

But unfortunately they weren't cheap.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

buttons100

Reaction score
I was able to find authentic replacement buckles for my Burberry Coat at www.atbutton.com
These are shipped right out and are absolutely beautiful buckles

giulitosto

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

the laundry just damaged my Burberry trench and I now need the replacement for the leather buckles. I found the ones these ones on atbutton.com which looks good. However, I am not 100% sure about the correct sizes. Can you help me figure out? Here are the sizes I was thinking about buying for my trench:

- Sleeves buckles: 1" 25mm (http://www.atbutton.com/leather-buckle-style-with-prong-168)
- Belt buckle: 2 1/2" 60mm (http://www.atbutton.com/leather-buckle-style-with-prong-169)

I attach here also some details of my trench to help you understand the model and the pictures of the replacements I have found on atbutton.com
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.32.38.png Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.32.28.png IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0136.JPG

thefringthing

Reaction score
I recently emailed Burberry's customer service department about replacement buckles and they offered me a set which were not a correct match, for the absurd price of $100 USD.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaper to buy a worn out old trench on ebay, to harvest the buckle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads