• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treating raws with grease

nomad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
But as I've learned, you're not supposed to wash raw denim.
demystifying raw denim: if your jeans warrant a wash, wash them, you can still get some nice fadez while keeping sanitary.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon

Unless you are a bumbling idiot you won't get grease on your pants too often.
If you work exclusively in the kitchen you probably wear an apron anyways.

Naw dawg, the grease is in the AIR, I swears it.

wrongturnsteve

Reaction score
all you lames with the just wear your jeans and the just wash your jeans, +1, +1, +1. i bet you guys treat your expensive raw selvedge jeans different than the average jean wearer. dont pretend like you dont. the fact that you talk about them online says something.

wrongturnsteve

Reaction score
hahahaha
ffffuuuu.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in a restaurant like that too where I'm constantly in the back making sauces and prepping ingredients and running food. Depending on what you do, some stains may not come out. I got a large tamarind sauce stain on my pants that won't come out no matter what. Luckily they were just H&M pants.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends if you want yourjeans to look destroyed, youre better off doing yard work to achieve that look

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
I think you need to review the definition of Pun. Unless you are a bumbling idiot you won't get grease on your pants too often. If you work exclusively in the kitchen you probably wear an apron anyways.
My bad dog, didn't mean to use pun in the wrong context. I know this probably deeply offended you and all so much that it warranted posting a picture of a childrens' book. So my apologies to you sir DBoon. Anyway, being a bumbling idiot has nothing to do with getting grease on your jeans. I'm not sure if you've ever worked in a restaurant (or one that is busy), but it gets dirty. And if you actually read the topic instead of looking at childrens' books, you'd know that I said multiple times I am server, and that I do not work exclusively in the kitchen. Or maybe you just don't know this because you've never had to sully your hands in the food industry before. I wouldn't be surprised, really, given your attitude. As for every person just echoing "+1" in lieu of an intelligible response, I still haven't really gotten a clear answer. Raw jeans are definitely not supposed to be washed often; it even says on the inside of one of my RRL's do not wash unless extremely needed. To be honest, I don't even know what is so bad or what exactly happens to raw denim when it is washed, since I haven't had to so far with the ones I own. So are raws essentially a bad idea for the workplace, a good idea, or C) no one really has a ******* clue and I'll just have to try it on my own?

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Do not wear your $200+ raws to a place where you will only be doing fast walking and where you will get food stains on it and hence need to wash them, removing the point of getting raws.

Johnny5

Reaction score
There's this guy in the japanese denim magazine who have amazing fading jeans working in the kitchen. So yes, just wear em hard!

word

Reaction score
As for every person just echoing "+1" in lieu of an intelligible response, I still haven't really gotten a clear answer. Raw jeans are definitely not supposed to be washed often; it even says on the inside of one of my RRL's do not wash unless extremely needed. To be honest, I don't even know what is so bad or what exactly happens to raw denim when it is washed, since I haven't had to so far with the ones I own. So are raws essentially a bad idea for the workplace, a good idea, or C) no one really has a ******* clue and I'll just have to try it on my own?
Every time you wash a little of the dye is lost. There are ways to clean the pants while minimizing color loss. Generally it makes the entire pant a slight shade lighter than it was before. Any fades going on will contrast a little bit less with each wash. Sometimes it is barely noticeable. Just wash them, or not. As long as they don't smell or look nasty the only person who will care is you. That said,
Originally Posted by nomad
Just wash your jeans more often.
+1

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As for every person just echoing "+1" in lieu of an intelligible response, I still haven't really gotten a clear answer. Raw jeans are definitely not supposed to be washed often; it even says on the inside of one of my RRL's do not wash unless extremely needed. To be honest, I don't even know what is so bad or what exactly happens to raw denim when it is washed, since I haven't had to so far with the ones I own. So are raws essentially a bad idea for the workplace, a good idea, or C) no one really has a ******* clue and I'll just have to try it on my own?

baldy[1].gif

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do not wear. Your customers will die from salmonella and ecoli.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads