• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Travelling from Vancouver to Seattle next weekend for shopping

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I honestly think Vancouver has way better shopping than Seattle.

This. And skip the Alderwood Mall, it's crap.

Hit up the Filson Store and Salumi, just south of downtown by Quest Field. or whatever it is called these days.

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds good.. i've never been to capitol hill.. always stuck around downtown.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm going to the comic convention in seattle next week - travelling from vancouver. what comics should i buy?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to Vancouver tomorrow. Will be staying at Hotel Georgia and dining tomorrow night at Blue Water Cafe. Van is a good town.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is good.

so, what you're asking is what comics you should buy? because, only kids read comics.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sounds good.. i've never been to capitol hill.. always stuck around downtown.

Seattle:

There is way more worth checking out than just downtown. You need some tips about where to go before marching off randomly though. Not that it is dangerous; you just don't want to waste time. You can end up in a pointless place when you could have been somewhere cool.

Whoever above said they are going to Le Pichet (located downtown) should report back -- I like that place.

Other spots for eating:

Walrus and Carpenter (Old Ballard Ave)
How To Cook A Wolf (Queen Anne)
Staple and Fancy (also old BA)

Just went to Terra Plata (Cap Hill), very much enjoyed it.

Poppy is also good on Cap Hill. Although I havent been back in a long time.

I like Boom noodle too but that is a completely different, very casual place.

Harvest Vine (Mad Park/Mad Valley, a favorite of me and MsDLester due to Spain connection), you will leave broke if you are not careful but you will be happy.

What is that sandwich joint on the way to Golden Gardens, the pink shack? So good.

There are a million good places. You can have bad food like anywhere in the world, but really if that happens you got completely screwed. Sorry.

Went to Spur Gastropub about a month ago, very good. Arrive a bit early so you can tank up on happy hour.

Oh and drinks, try Bathtub Gin. it is a microscopic place is in a downtown alley, google map it or you will never find it.

El Gaucho if you are feeling like Sinatra.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a minor beef with the foodies who come to town and only talk about Rovers and Salumi. Salumi of course is excellent and famous, apparently Rovers is good too (never been there personally) -- but seriously you dumb ***** get out to more places.

I went to see Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert speak, and they were great but dammit they could only cite Rovers and Salumi as good local spots.

get out more you foodie dumb *****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics