1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling from Vancouver to Seattle next weekend for shopping

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by demizzle, Mar 16, 2012.

1. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

it is good.

so, what you're asking is what comics you should buy? because, only kids read comics.

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

Seattle:

There is way more worth checking out than just downtown. You need some tips about where to go before marching off randomly though. Not that it is dangerous; you just don't want to waste time. You can end up in a pointless place when you could have been somewhere cool.

Whoever above said they are going to Le Pichet (located downtown) should report back -- I like that place.

Other spots for eating:

Walrus and Carpenter (Old Ballard Ave)
    How To Cook A Wolf (Queen Anne)
    Staple and Fancy (also old BA)

Just went to Terra Plata (Cap Hill), very much enjoyed it.

Poppy is also good on Cap Hill. Although I havent been back in a long time.

I like Boom noodle too but that is a completely different, very casual place.

Harvest Vine (Mad Park/Mad Valley, a favorite of me and MsDLester due to Spain connection), you will leave broke if you are not careful but you will be happy.

What is that sandwich joint on the way to Golden Gardens, the pink shack? So good.

There are a million good places. You can have bad food like anywhere in the world, but really if that happens you got completely screwed. Sorry.

Went to Spur Gastropub about a month ago, very good. Arrive a bit early so you can tank up on happy hour.

Oh and drinks, try Bathtub Gin. it is a microscopic place is in a downtown alley, google map it or you will never find it.

El Gaucho if you are feeling like Sinatra.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  3. DLester

DLester Senior member

I have a minor beef with the foodies who come to town and only talk about Rovers and Salumi. Salumi of course is excellent and famous, apparently Rovers is good too (never been there personally) -- but seriously you dumb fucks get out to more places.

I went to see Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert speak, and they were great but dammit they could only cite Rovers and Salumi as good local spots.

get out more you foodie dumb fucks.

4. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Paseo is the Cuban sammich shack.