Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Travelling from Vancouver to Seattle next weekend for shopping

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by demizzle, Mar 16, 2012.

1. demizzle

demizzle Well-Known Member

Will be there for either 2 or 3 days so I want to get the most out of my time. Looking for areas to visit specifically.

I'll probably drop by the premium outlets to take a look on the way there. But the only other places that I have planned for my visit will be Alderwood mall an possibly Westfield south centre mall. I figure it'd be the best usage of time to goto malls..

I"m doing a wardrobe overhaul so I'm not looking for anything in particular, just needing a lot of things basically. Will be definitely looking into button up shirts, shoes, bags, and outerwear though.

Any suggestions in terms of areas or stores to check out?

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

You will find little if any StyleForum Approved items in Alderwood or South Center malls.
    I'd be surprised if there was anything at either of those malls that you can't get in Canada.

Just go downtown.
    If you're into the outlet thing, the downtown Nordstrom Rack just reopened in a new location.

If you insist on going to a mall, consider Bellevue Square.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

Those malls are dumps if you are looking for SF clothes. Downtown has Barneys, Nordstroms w/ decent designer section, Marios (Cuccinelli-type stuff), Jack Straw (good for Dries Van Noten). A new Nordstrom rack opened next to the flagship Nordstrom.

Ballard has Blackbird.

If you are looking to hang out, Old Ballard Ave has cool restaurants, bars and music, so does Pike/Pine on Capitol Hill. All of the older neighborhoods have a nice walkable main street with restaurants and bars. Pike Market is good to visit, especially on a nice day. There are a ton of good restaurants here. It may be a mellower scene overall than you are used to in Vancouver.

Belltown is a wild party zone at night relative to the rest of town. Pioneer Square has some clubs. Both can get a bit dangerous late at night, esp Pioneer Square. Think bad side of Gastown.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

4. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I honestly think Vancouver has way better shopping than Seattle.

5. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

DLester's advice is spot on. Also, BlueOwl Workshop's showroom is over in Bellevue, if you out venture that far.

6. habitant

habitant Senior member

I'm going as well.. hitting up Jack Straw, Blackbird & Barneys.. Eating at Le Pichet & Red Mill.

7. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

You should go to Uneeda Burger instead, it's a lot better.

8. bl@ster

[email protected] Senior member

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Vancouver has good shopping but Seattle has good shopping as well. Barneys, Ebbets, etc. Worth the trip every once in a while.

10. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

The Field House doesn't really have clothes anymore. It's changed to "Blackbird Home & Apothecary."

DLester is right. I'd also recommend J. Gilbert downtown if you're in the Alden market, and the the Filson flagship store south of downtown is a nice stop.

11. demizzle

demizzle Well-Known Member

I looked at most stores and they don't seem to be the type of things I'm looking for. Perhaps asking in SF is a bad idea considering most of these stores are a little too upscale for me. I forgot to mention I just started working full time while finishing college part-time so most of this stuff is a little beyond my price range. It seems sticking to the malls would be the best option for me..... thanks for the advice everyone.

12. habitant

habitant Senior member

Go to the outlets.. my brother always goes to jcrew and comes back with loads of clothing for super cheap..

13. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

you're not going to overhaul your wardrobe going from mall clothes to mall clothes

14. habitant

habitant Senior member

Just wondering, what are some good spots to have a drink at... I have dinner reservations, but nothing for after.. staying downtown

15. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

What are you into? I always have fun in Capitol Hill.