1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling to tokyo:

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Sep 13, 2004.

1. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

That's pretty reasonable by premium Tokyo standards. I thought it cost more than that for some reason. I blew through $200 US at Sabatini a few years ago before the main courses even hit the table--the perils of ordering Italian wine in Japan.

2. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I was pleasantly surprised at the tab, too, retronotmetro.

Now, a friend took his girlfriend there for dinner a year ago. They listened to jazz in the bar afterwards, and he told me the tab for the whole deal ran over $1,000.

Bic

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I hear NYG's weekday brunch is a very reasonable 4500 Yen or so. Might be worth checking out. Although it is truly spectacular at night. (And the Jazz is good if you are into that sort of thing)

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I'm hoping he got lucky that evening... [​IMG] Jon.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Well, they always recommend that if you are unable to pay / get a reservation for dinner at a particularly popular restaurant; lunch is always a viable option.

Jon.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I've started working 65 hours a week at two jobs to save up some money for my trip to Japan in April. My last actual day off (until I decide to quit a job) is going to be this Sunday. Thats how much I can't wait to go back... plus it always helps that I'm completely insane. I just hope J can keep up the pace.

I hear Don Quijote calling my name.........