• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling to Istanbul - Suits in Turkey

Hustle Harder

Reaction score
Hey all, I'll be travelling to Turkey for 10 days and am looking to pick up some quality Turkish brands at a good price. I hear Vakko and Sarar are good brands, but I'm not sure what the prices are. I know clothes in Turkey is generally expensive; does this hold for Turkish suits as well?

I'm thinking this would be a great opportunity to pick up some solid suits at a steal. Any suggestions on where to buy suits and what brands? Thanks.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about shirtings and suitings? Are they good value there?

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I travelled a lot to Istanbul for business 4 or 5 years ago. I bought a Vakko tan, summer suit . I wore it twice only, quality is very good, pretty expensive though. They have beautiful fabrics, a very Italian style, but not cheap. I also bought some Network (not quite sure about brand name) shirts of poor quality and a pair of Network English-style shoes, which held up pretty well. Sarar looked good, but did not know much about the brand. I do not remember seeing many good Turkish brands. They have in Istanbul a few upscale department stores and shops with western brands, but at much higher prices than in Europe.

Hustle Harder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clausc
I travelled a lot to Istanbul for business 4 or 5 years ago. I bought a Vakko tan, summer suit . I wore it twice only, quality is very good, pretty expensive though. They have beautiful fabrics, a very Italian style, but not cheap. I also bought some Network (not quite sure about brand name) shirts of poor quality and a pair of Network English-style shoes, which held up pretty well. Sarar looked good, but did not know much about the brand. I do not remember seeing many good Turkish brands. They have in Istanbul a few upscale department stores and shops with western brands, but at much higher prices than in Europe.

Thanks... that's what I am trying to avoid, the Turkish name brand stuff if it is going to be expensive. I would rather have the unknown brand made with top quality fabric and tailoring. I might check out the Vakko and Sarar suits, but if they turn out to have indistinguishable pricing relative to what we can get in the states, I'll pass.

If anyone else has some thoughts, please post!

Hustle Harder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Olly
Suits in turkey are not very nice. Good hats though.

As a broad generalization maybe, but that doesn't mean there aren standouts.

erdavis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hustle Harder

If you have money to burn there are some good tailors, but it is not like they are a bargain. Good tailoring costs money. Remember the rich in Turkey are really rich, so the tailors don't have to skimp on price.

erdavis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hustle Harder

If you have money to burn there are some good tailors, but it is not like they are a bargain. Good tailoring costs money. Remember the rich in Turkey are really rich, so the tailors don't have to skimp on price.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vakko is very expensive - more expensive than RLs and Isaias. Their suits aren't Turkish-made anyway.

Sarar is horrible.

You can try Network for good price and quality. Try Network and Beymen for good shirts.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might be lucky and find the country's one decent artisan but don't bank on it.

Leather goods can be cheap.

XFactor

Reaction score
I heard from someone that "all wool" suits by some Turkish brands are a good buy - at good price in Dubai.

Any thoughts on which brands etc and what price would they be in Dubai?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads