• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling in SE Asia and Sri Lanka

calstyle

Reaction score
Folks,

I'll be traveling throughout SE Asia for a few weeks (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos/Cambodia, and Sri Lanka) and wanted to reach out and ask for any recommendations on where to shop for clothing, shoes or accessories, tailors, etc...

Thanks

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoi An, Vietnam is famous for custom made clothing. I didn't have anything made because I have a ton of Brooks Brothers stuff on hand, but I took a look at some shirts while I was waiting for a friend who was having a fitting done.

The shirt I examined actually looked really good. It had a fused collar but they told me they could make them unfused if requested. IIRC their price for a dress shirt was $19. This was only 5 months ago. It would be best if you could give them an example of something which you wanted duplicated. Pictures would help if you can't do that.

BTW, if you only have a few weeks you are covering a lot of ground with 5 countries.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads