• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling Europe for 2.5 weeks. what to pack?

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've searched but didn't find what I was looking for.

Anyways,

I'm going to Italy, Spain and maybe another place (tips?) for 2.5 weeks in April. I want to travel light, but fear missing things that I'll need.

Right now I'm thinking of

1 Jacket (I have a brown G-1, a vintage schott and a varvatos all leather varsity jacket from gilt)
2 pants. SUFU contest jeans and gray trousers (or Incotex khakis)
2 shoes. White Balenciaga high tops (or maybe something more comfortable), beater black loafers or dress boots
1 belt
? shirts and tees
? boxers
Camera
Laptop ?

Besides that I have no Idea what to pack and don't even know if my list is any good.

I'm leaving from France (so already have a limited wardrobe) BTW and meeting a friend in Italy but after that I'm on my own. Any travel tips are welcomed.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you tell us a bit more about what you'll be doing on the trip? Also, will you have access to laundry while you're away?

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is vacation, I wouldn't take a laptop. You don't need it, and too many things can go wrong. It can be stolen very easily if you're not careful (knew someone who turned her back on it for a minute or two, and it was gone). Find an internet cafe if you must.

I think three leather jackets is too much. Variety is overrated when traveling. And leather takes up a lot of room. Everything else sounds fine, though it's nonspecific and could just be covered by "clothes." Make sure your shoes are comfortable.

raclotz

Reaction score
yes i also think carryying the laptop is not a good option... plus do you plan to visit germany... cause i have been there and can help you a bit...

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like to large of an area for only 2.5 weeks to be honest.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Could you tell us a bit more about what you'll be doing on the trip? Also, will you have access to laundry while you're away?

I will probably try to do some touristsy things in the day, check out the food, the museums, the shops, music, clubs, bars, etc. Have not made specific plans yet, since everything is still wide open. I assume there will be some laundries, which does not guarantee I'll use them.

If this is vacation, I wouldn't take a laptop. You don't need it, and too many things can go wrong. It can be stolen very easily if you're not careful (knew someone who turned her back on it for a minute or two, and it was gone). Find an internet cafe if you must.

I think three leather jackets is too much. Variety is overrated when traveling. And leather takes up a lot of room. Everything else sounds fine, though it's nonspecific and could just be covered by "clothes." Make sure your shoes are comfortable.
Yea, it seems the laptop is going to stay. I'm only bringing one jacket, I just listed my 3 options at the moment.

Originally Posted by raclotz
yes i also think carryying the laptop is not a good option... plus do you plan to visit germany... cause i have been there and can help you a bit...

Germany is the other place I was considering, any tips are welcomed. Especially about Berlin.

Originally Posted by scarphe
sounds like to large of an area for only 2.5 weeks to be honest.

I've been living in Europe for the last 2 months and still have a few months left, so it won't be my last.
smile.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pack 1/2 the clothes and 2X the cash....

I don't understand the computer thing - will you need to work?
confused.gif
Just look for the signs 'Cafe de la Internetz'.

Ixnay on the heavy leather jacket - a nice dark blazer instead.

Travel literature
Light reading
Sunglasses
Comfortable shoes
Sweater
Toiletries

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics