• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Travel Insurance

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going on a vacation to Sri Lanka next week. I assume that travel insurance is something I should get. I'm interested in recommendations on amount of coverage and companies. Thanks.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Express offers it and if you go to the Budget travel website I believe they offer it as well-well at least they used to.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use an annual policy, so I can't really help you, but do enjoy sri lanka, I love it. the food is fantastic.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd check with the credit card company that you booked the flight and hotel or package on before purchasing something extra. Sometimes they provide a basic level of coverage, which, depending on what you are comfortable with, may be enough. I know when my wife and I booked our honeymoon, the credit card guaranteed at least that we would be able to get reimbursed for the flight and hotel if something were to cause us to cancel and the company wouldn't refund it. They also provided a couple hundred dollars in protection for lost luggage - which, considering that we have the oldest, crappiest luggage on earth and were not taking much clothing, was plenty for us.

Enjoy Sri Lanka!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami