• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Travel Bag/Hanging Travel Kit

ff4marvel

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting some sort of travel bag/kit, the kind of thing you'd use to carry toiletries and what not on a trip. I like this one from Jack Spade alright, but was wondering what else was out there/if anyone had any specific recommendations.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been eyeing this

alt.view2_7_12.jpg

from: http://www.flight001.com/all-product...ival-dopp.html for $35.

Not hanging though.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought some Hilfiger after shave balm a while back and got a dopp kit for free. It's see through so I leave all my travel tolietries in there and don't need a different one for the x-ray/FSA goons.

PITAronin

Reaction score
Not too long ago I got a nice leather hanging 'dhobi kit' at half off from the folks at J. Peterman. Unfortunately, most of my trips involve flying/living with the hassles of airport screening, and so I wind up using it only for trips where I'm driving.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PITAronin
Not too long ago I got a nice leather hanging 'dhobi kit' at half off from the folks at J. Peterman. Unfortunately, most of my trips involve flying/living with the hassles of airport screening, and so I wind up using it only for trips where I'm driving.

that's why i like the see through one that i have..

Arsenal

Reaction score

stewartu

Reaction score
Lands End has some good examples. I bought these for my wife and daughter a couple of years ago and they could not be happier. I think the price was less than $20. I had them monogrammed locally to add a touch of personality. At the same time i bought hanging dopp kits for me and my son from Orvis for ~$50 each. I prefer the ones from Lands End. Get the medium size.

Edit: looking at the websites, i think the one from LL Bean is the one i bought for wife and daughter.

Advice: do not buy anything that does not hang up. Buy something that can be thrown in the washing machine when it get messy. All of ours, including the Orvis ones with leather appointments have been thru the washer with no ill effect.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PITAronin

exactamundo, unless im flying private which is not often, its a ziploc bag

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads