Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Actually, Matt, it was called for by many members in the thread... Just doing my moderatic duty...
    That thread had some of the worst posts in the history of Styleforum. I am unoffendable, and therefore enjoyed their presence, but I can understand why some of our more sensitive members might not have liked it.

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

now I'm sorry I never clicked that thread. Sometimes you don't know what you had until it's gone.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sometimes you don't know what you had until it's gone.

We're better off with the parking lot.

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

We're better off with the parking lot.
    and tree museums!

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

That thread had some of the worst posts in the history of Styleforum. I am unoffendable, and therefore enjoyed their presence, but I can understand why some of our more sensitive members might not have liked it.

Worse even than the plus-sized models thread? Wow. I think I caught some of the first posts but left it alone.

6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Worse even than the plus-sized models thread? Wow. I think I caught some of the first posts but left it alone.

That thread was a classic. As was the backdoor one.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Homeless thread moved. 4 or 5 ad-hominem wars going on and IMO pretty much every possible opinion had been expressed.

8. itsstillmatt

Homeless thread moved. 4 or 5 ad-hominem wars going on and IMO pretty much every possible opinion had been expressed.
    While I think the new move towards tighter moderation is not a wholly bad thing (little girls thread etc), the deletion of threads in which there is nothing objectionable but, rather, some enormously asanine things are said by members has the unfortunate result of getting rid of some of the evidence of how truly stupid some of us can be. Comments?

9. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

While I think the new move towards tighter moderation is not a wholly bad thing (little girls thread etc), the deletion of threads in which there is nothing objectionable but, rather, some enormously asanine things are said by members has the unfortunate result of getting rid of some of the evidence of how truly stupid some of us can be.

Comments?

I have lamented the same thing from time to time. If the moderators judge that a thread is out of hand or has gone on too long, couldn't it just be locked?

10. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

While I think the new move towards tighter moderation is not a wholly bad thing (little girls thread etc), the deletion of threads in which there is nothing objectionable but, rather, some enormously asanine things are said by members has the unfortunate result of getting rid of some of the evidence of how truly stupid some of us can be.

Comments?

My experience has shown that as fast as said evidence is destroyed, newer evidence of stupidity makes it's way onto the forum.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

My experience has shown that as fast as said evidence is destroyed, newer evidence of stupidity makes it's way onto the forum.
    You're living proof, ed.

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

its [​IMG]

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Look guys, I don't know if it's a full moon, or everybody's cranky or on their period but moderating here these days is a difficult, thankless job.

But we do try to listen to our constituents, so if enough of you want me to move it back out and lock it I'll be happy to do so.

14. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Comments?

I have lamented the same thing from time to time. If the moderators judge that a thread is out of hand or has gone on too long, couldn't it just be locked?

i agree. and why not simply delete individual posts that are objectionable rather than lock/delete the thread?

500 years from now a student at harvard will be doing a research paper on "early 21st century dandies and their attitudes toward the social issues of their day", and this student is going to be hard pressed to find anything on the internets because anything remotely controversial was squirreled away.

15. itsstillmatt

Look guys, I don't know if it's a full moon, or everybody's cranky or on their period but moderating here these days is a difficult, thankless job.

But we do try to listen to our constituents, so if enough of you want me to move it back out and lock it I'll be happy to do so.

Nah, that one wasn't so exciting. I just miss the epic tale of the Mexicans storming the Asparagus Castle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.