1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Senior member

You could make a very effective case for 'why didnt Matt clean it sooner' - my fault, totally...basically I never looked at that thread for three reasons...

1. it was full of big pictures that meant every page took forever to load on a Vietnamese internet line
    2. it was populated by half a dozen dudes staring at Asian chicks, and had remained generally good natured for a long time and
    3. if I want to look at Asian chicks, I will go downstairs and open the gate. Vietnam has about 42 million of them, so the internet is the last place I will look.

As to the future of the thread - unfortunately it will have to be mod sanitised.

Amerikajinda can clean up his own posts, but cant edit everyone who quoted him, all the shots back at him and so forth.

I simply dont have the time or the patience to do it. I have a job. So shoot me.

If one of the other mods wants to take on the project, then it is sitting in squirrel and easily can be cleaned there. I wouldnt hold my breath for that though...it is a big job that would have to be done post-by-post before reinstating.

2. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

3. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

Am I the only person here not creeped out by Amerikajinda?

Count me too... I find the anti-amerikajindas creepier

4. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

What was the big deal besides the personal intrigue between NR and aj? Certainly you shouldn't delete a thread because of some harmless ramblings. I'm quite disappointed.

+1, and besides that thread contained serious @$$ it deserves to live !!

5. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I'm not. I find his naivete slightly amusing. I think he was just being a dumbass for the sake of being a dumbass, just like I often play a dumbass, and just like conne plays a dumbass(any time he talks about politics or ireland [​IMG] ). Maybe he was bored (ok maybe he's bored a lot). I don't know and don't really care. I certainly think people were a little too sensitive about some of the stuff he posted in that thread. it's clear to me that he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm white as can be and i was not offended. Seriously, if people are offended because some 18yo with a keyboard says that they're not able to recognize true asian beauty, well.... [​IMG]

Now the surgery pics were pretty nasty, but he was clearly just trying to get a reaction after everyone was starting to pile-on to him. It was a bad idea because that just increased the meaningless chatter. Juvenile? Yes. Ban-worthy? No. Was it worth nuking the best thread ever? Hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeellllllllllllllllllll no.

As for the father of an asian girl... I'm pretty sure that we objectify all women equally. Jinda just has more free time than our Swiss friend, or else there would be another thread with big-boned white girls. [​IMG]

Jinda has repented so bring back the thread and let him self-edit his posts so the mods don't have to waste their time.

I agree with all your points and I also have expressed that on the thread many times.

I find kind of normal for a teenager to become obsessed with some subject and not be able to manage things with maturity... that comes with years and experience. I remember so many stupid things I made when I was 17, good grief !

What I find gross is to suggest that such a boy is a freak and have stalking and criminal tendencies for no reason.

and about that one last point. I don't want to offend the big-titted blonde fathers in the forum. [​IMG] .. God bless their socks !

6. dokelroth

dokelroth Senior member

The recent posts in this thread need some [​IMG]

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

You could make a very effective case for 'why didnt Matt clean it sooner' - my fault, totally...basically I never looked at that thread for three reasons...

1. it was full of big pictures that meant every page took forever to load on a Vietnamese internet line
    2. it was populated by half a dozen dudes staring at Asian chicks, and had remained generally good natured for a long time and
    3. if I want to look at Asian chicks, I will go downstairs and open the gate. Vietnam has about 42 million of them, so the internet is the last place I will look.

As to the future of the thread - unfortunately it will have to be mod sanitised.

Amerikajinda can clean up his own posts, but cant edit everyone who quoted him, all the shots back at him and so forth.

I simply dont have the time or the patience to do it. I have a job. So shoot me.

If one of the other mods wants to take on the project, then it is sitting in squirrel and easily can be cleaned there. I wouldnt hold my breath for that though...it is a big job that would have to be done post-by-post before reinstating.

Make me mod for a day after exams and I get back from peru. I promise that I will behave and will only look at the NR thread!!!

8. Nantucket Red

Please take my name off the title.

9. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I'm not. AJ has a barrow he pushes, and he sometimes pushes it too far. Same with a lot of other folks with their own barrows.

If you're going to start a thread devoted to pictures of Asian women, can you really be surprised if it degrades into objectification of them? That process started with post #1.

There is a lot of hyperbole in a lot of threads in this forum, and I don't find the "Asian girls" postings any more objectionable than the incessantly tiresome jibes about homosexuality, which belong in a junior high school locker room.

If you're going to time-out anyone who goes OTT, there would be nobody left.

PS. Some here have criticised AJ for not knowing anything about what he's talking about. Reading some of the descriptions of him above, it's plain that many of his critics have no idea what AJ is like either. Their complete misconception of him tends to devalue their criticisms IMHO.

10. Nantucket Red

Most people obviously missed the actual issue that got it squirreled.

11. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

No, you aren't.

12. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Most people obviously missed the actual issue that got it squirreled.

I did. Care to share?

13. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I did. Care to share?
    Just a small spat between Asian-lovers as opposed to between Asian lovers.

14. Nantucket Red

15. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sorry, I just don't have the stomach for a rehash. You missed the drama; others missed the point. I explained it here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1388

To a bystander, the drama is far more interesting than the point.

16. Nantucket Red

Just a small spat between Asian-lovers as opposed to between Asian lovers.

I'm anxious to distance myself from any such associations at this point.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

I've reinstated the thread with a rename and some redaktion:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...629#post791629

Any other mods are free to go through and more thoroughly weed the thread of creepiness and annoying "words". I got bored quickly but I got most of the recent crap out of there. I also renamed it by request and to a more obvious thread title.

I am timing out Amerikajinda for a week for violating my "no talking in threads about girls" rule. Once he comes back he can post pictures if he wants but no discussion of girls for at least a year. Only warning.

18. Matt

Matt Senior member

I love new rules [​IMG] Thanks for cleaning it up J.

19. Nantucket Red

20. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

This proves that there is justice in the world! (and that J is kickass)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.