1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Tuff titties. This is a good reason as any for everyone to follow j, my, and all the mods' posts.

[​IMG]

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I smell stalker with this guy's posts

3. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

I smell stalker with this guy's posts

Doesn't everyone here want to meet Vox? [​IMG]

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Sigs work like this.. any post you posted when you had a sig setup -- eveen a blank sig -- will always show the latest sig you have in your profile. Any posts posted when you didn't have one, will never show a sig.

If you have no sig then when you post the "show your signature?" is unchecked by default. Therefore when you add a sig later, it will not show on those posts, unless you have checked the show sig box. So, usually, no.

I seem to remember way back when, I had a sig briefly then deleted it. That is why this new situation seemed odd.

5. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Site has been down at least three times today for at least 20 minutes each time. At least, it was for me.

6. robin

robin Senior member

Site has been down at least three times today for at least 20 minutes each time. At least, it was for me.
    It was just you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. Manton

It was just you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I had a clever response to this all typed out, and then the site crashed again. [​IMG]

8. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I don't know what kind of emoticon one would use to indicate <thread fail> but it would be somewhat awesome.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I haven't been around a whole lot lately, so I'm not sure when it happened, but my little "senior member" byline is AWEZUMMMM.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ how come he gets one??!!!

11. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

^ how come he gets one??!!!

I would he imagine he had to suffer quite a bit to attain it. I admire his sacrifice.

12. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I haven't been around a whole lot lately, so I'm not sure when it happened, but my little "senior member" byline is AWEZUMMMM.
    Mods have tack sharp sense of humor.

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Thanks in advance for help with a miniscule problem.

Can a mod change the title of this thread, which is too old for me to edit? I keep getting PMs from people who think they can still order b/c it says "Last day!"

Would prefer to change from "Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets--last day!"

to

"Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets" or "Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets--order closed"

14. Manton

The site is going offline for 5, 10, 20 minutes at a time every hour or so. At least, it is for me.

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

The site is going offline for 5, 10, 20 minutes at a time every hour or so. At least, it is for me.

No problems with this

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's a new IP-specific program that j and team have started

17. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know what kind of emoticon one would use to indicate <thread fail> but it would be somewhat awesome.

:edinatlanta:

18. Matt

Matt Senior member

Thanks in advance for help with a miniscule problem.

Can a mod change the title of this thread, which is too old for me to edit? I keep getting PMs from people who think they can still order b/c it says "Last day!"

Would prefer to change from "Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets--last day!"

to

"Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets" or "Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets--order closed"

hey, tried to edit it, but I'm not an SWD mod. PMed it over to Brian and Fok to fix...

19. Manton

OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest.

Any ideas?

The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.

20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Some suggestions:
    - try a different browser
    - type your posts, especialy long ones, in notepad or an open word document so that you don't lose them if SF goes weird on you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.