1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

[​IMG]

PM me with what happened there (I dont want to start a shit-throwing match in here)

[​IMG]

Basically it was a dick move on Greekgeek's part. They were selling for $69 and $79 and one pair was going for $39 on Yoox - greekgeek bought some in sizes 9, 10.5, 12, and 13 and had the audacity to try to sell each pair for $249 shipped, but he was forced to self-squirrel his own thread in a vain attempt at damage-control because it quickly turned viral on account of all the thread-shitters outraged at his blatant attempt to make over $150 in profit per pair (i.e., turning a benevolent PSA into a quick $600 profit at the expense of community members who missed out). He also offered to buy a pair from someone for $79 before turning around and trying to flip all those different sizes for $249 each. [​IMG]

Economic Freedumz at its finest thanks to one slimy douchebag...

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Spam PMs?

Nice to meet urs all styleforum members. I want to tell members that I had just visited the website shoespalace and articles of this site are very interesting, informative and provide knowledge about trends, styles, technology and product quality of shoes today .. It's amazing site ..
    semangka5563 is online now \t

lefty

4. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

Mods, I have an odd request for an IP check on a banned member. When he was here, he would PM me like he knew me. I have suspicions that he's a previously banned member. If anyone is willing to do this, PM me.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Why does GC always seem to have the most $pam?

7. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm not positive, but I think a spammer just called out another spammer in this thread, posts three and five.

8. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I'm not positive, but I think a spammer just called out another spammer in this thread, posts three and five.

You messed up the URL, spammer.

This translates into: "Get your own corner, bitch!"

[​IMG]

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

This translates into: "Get your own corner, bitch!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Basically it was a dick move on Greekgeek's part. They were selling for $69 and $79 and one pair was going for $39 on Yoox - greekgeek bought some in sizes 9, 10.5, 12, and 13 and had the audacity to try to sell each pair for $249 shipped, but he was forced to self-squirrel his own thread in a vain attempt at damage-control because it quickly turned viral on account of all the thread-shitters outraged at his blatant attempt to make over $150 in profit per pair (i.e., turning a benevolent PSA into a quick $600 profit at the expense of community members who missed out). He also offered to buy a pair from someone for $79 before turning around and trying to flip all those different sizes for $249 each. [​IMG]

Economic Freedumz at its finest thanks to one slimy douchebag...

I'm going to weigh in on this. First of all, j. moderated the thread, then closed it, so it's done. Second, thread-crapping is against the rules.

However, imo, the OP acted unethically. The difference between this, and someone who buys tons of Incotex at Daffys for resale, is that the second is providing a service, while the first is really a scalper. Most of our readers are not physically able to get to Daffy's, so without the reseller, they would not have had access to those goods. However, pretty much everyone reading this post can purchase directly from Yoox. Yes, the forum has advertising, people make money on the B&S forum, etc... but it's the sense of community that makes Styleforum a place more and more people keep coming back to. Our hope is that people consider themselves part of this community, and act as responsible members.

11. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

I think Artisan Fan has already forgotten the new rules in CE.

12. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

why's randomkoreandude in time out?

13. j

j Senior member Admin

For restarting FS threads after he sold-bumped the first two and they got closed. I think he will be back soon now that he has gotten the message.

14. j

j Senior member Admin

I'm handing out one-week vacations like candy the last couple days. Stop being douchebags!

15. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

16. Matt

Matt Senior member

got it, tks.

17. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I'm going to weigh in on this. First of all, j. moderated the thread, then closed it, so it's done. Second, thread-crapping is against the rules.

However, imo, the OP acted unethically. The difference between this, and someone who buys tons of Incotex at Daffys for resale, is that the second is providing a service, while the first is really a scalper. Most of our readers are not physically able to get to Daffy's, so without the reseller, they would not have had access to those goods. However, pretty much everyone reading this post can purchase directly from Yoox. Yes, the forum has advertising, people make money on the B&S forum, etc... but it's the sense of community that makes Styleforum a place more and more people keep coming back to. Our hope is that people consider themselves part of this community, and act as responsible members.

My faith has been restored. Thank you!

18. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

First the Yoox business, and now this: Is this the place to express my [​IMG] for Fok?

pwnd

19. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

yup, Ive got no problem with the guy (other than flogging the unfunny fanny pac dead horse a little too hard) however he made a remark that one other member thought was a little inappropriate, and I happened to agree, and instructed him to edit it.

We have a zero tolerance policy for certain things, and while I would stop short of saying he contravened that, he was damn sure rimming it.

I gave him plento time for editing, kept an eye on his last login time as well....so it's not like the time differences intervened there...but when he popped up posting later in the same thread without editing his previous post....well...enjoy the week off, kiddo. Get some sun....

appreciate it Matt

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

First the Yoox business, and now this: Is this the place to express my [​IMG] for Fok? pwnd
    I do it for the kids. You can express your gratitude by donating like a Bigtimer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.