• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just reported five different spammers in Men's Clothing. Woah.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Abigail Ballentine should be proclaimed a living saint

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, I almost felt guilty banning her after all she has done for us.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps all new users could be required to post in a special new user forum once before being allowed to post elsewhere. Spammers are unlikely to do so.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the captcha for starting new threads is a good idea

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe that is included in the new version of vB which I am in the process of upgrading to.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that these bots can break captchas very easily, but I could be wrong.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A captcha will fool most spam bots, but some out there can solve them. Plus, there's always the people who get paid to post...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just installed one vB hack that may help a bit. We'll see tomorrow. This one requires new users to pick between a group of pictures to identify them, instead of CAPTCHAs. E.g. "click the one that is a butterfly". If the pictures are too easy, maybe I'll change them out to more obscure things like "an EG Dover on the 808 last".

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I just installed one vB hack that may help a bit. We'll see tomorrow. This one requires new users to pick between a group of pictures to identify them, instead of CAPTCHAs. E.g. "click the one that is a butterfly". If the pictures are too easy, maybe I'll change them out to more obscure things like "an EG Dover on the 808 last".

You are assuming many of us can actually identify an EG Dover on the 808n last..
plain.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was kind of kidding, but I could use relevant images to weed out utter idiots at least.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

I had to do that on another website (to sign up) and I couldn't answer the question...
frown.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I was kind of kidding, but I could use relevant images to weed out utter idiots at least.

Originally Posted by Tck13
I had to do that on another website (to sign up) and I couldn't answer the question...
frown.gif

laugh.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
frown.gif

lol8[1].gif
I have to do this for one of my online banking accounts but I have to pick the picture I selected when I set up the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics