1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Lets do it fella's. Lets use Raj-man's cat for our avators. [​IMG]

Unsolicited suggestion for yours:

[​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

I think m@t should ban your ass now so that next time your 'friends' will know not to let you play here.
    It takes a special kind of windowlicker to troll the transmod thread.

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

That word's going into my repertoire.

4. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

LOL. Im also going to steal it.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

LOL. Im also going to steal it.
    If you've never heard it before, you need this. Thank me later. NSFW dialogue. And creepy.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I like it, even if I can't quite get a feel for how smarmy it is.

Never mind. I googled. Love it.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

If you've never heard it before, you need this. Thank me later. NSFW dialogue. And creepy.
    I watched. Did I miss someone saying it? [​IMG] Just out of curiosity, how does the forum software decide what smilies are displayed in the reply box?

8. j

j Senior member Admin

No, no one says it in the video. The song is just called 'windowlicker' and that's the first I heard of the term. And the video is hilarious, at least if you are me.

The software has some method of ordering the smilies but I'm not sure what it is. I could change the order if I wanted but I don't care to bother.

9. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Hey, why did my Mister Freedom sale thread get deleted?

10. bach

bach Senior member

Hey, why did my Mister Freedom sale thread get deleted?

If I had to guess, because you flipped out like a crazy person.

11. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

I overreacted but I don't see why the posts in my thread couldn't have just been deleted (including my own) instead of the whole thread being deleted. I was having a terrible day/week and I think the rest of my posting history here and other sites will show me to be generally level headed and calm.

Before I flipped out I PM'd a mod to see if he would delete the posts in my sale thread but he didn't which I get, he was probably too busy, that's fine. But I think sellers would agree with me that it's annoying having users come into your thread and comment on how its irrational to spend so much money on what you're looking to sell. It gets even worse when that person trys to pass it off as bumping a thread that was bumped only moments before, and then have the user who called your for sale items irrational be white knighted hours later.

Maybe it would be better if sales threads were just listings where other users couldn't post in them but instead had to PM the seller with questions.

12. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I overreacted but I don't see why the posts in my thread couldn't have just been deleted (including my own) instead of the whole thread being deleted. I was having a terrible day/week and I think the rest of my posting history here and other sites will show me to be generally level headed and calm.

Before I flipped out I PM'd a mod to see if he would delete the posts in my sale thread but he didn't which I get, he was probably too busy, that's fine. But I think sellers would agree with me that it's annoying having users come into your thread and comment on how its irrational to spend so much money on what you're looking to sell. It gets even worse when that person trys to pass it off as bumping a thread that was bumped only moments before, and then have the user who called your for sale items irrational be white knighted hours later.

Maybe it would be better if sales threads were just listings where other users couldn't post in them but instead had to PM the seller with questions.

Yes please with your 200+ posts please suggest to the mods the complete rewritting of how the B/S forum works.

13. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

I've sold a decent amount of stuff on this forum, I don't need to have made 1000's of posts in other subforums to give an opinion on the B/S forum. Do you actually disagree with my suggestion or are you just writing it off because I have less posts than you?

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

15. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

QQ:

If a member is banned, is it an indefinite ban or for a certain period of time?

16. j

j Senior member Admin

QQ: If a member is banned, is it an indefinite ban or for a certain period of time?
    Depends.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

The Mister Freedom thread got deleted because you flipped out, and because you bumped it in the first place, which is against the rules. After reading it, I was kind of surprised you didn't also get banned. You should read the rules.

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

The Mister Freedom thread got deleted because you flipped out, and because you bumped it in the first place, which is against the rules. After reading it, I was kind of surprised you didn't also get banned. You should read the rules.

what's this all about? you mean my buddy FSTyles flipped out? no way!

19. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

what's this all about? you mean my buddy FSTyles flipped out? no way!

Not Fstyles. The guy who asked about his MISTER FREEDOM THREAD.

Speaking of Moo, why is everything he says these days boorish and negative? Is he trying out for FNB?

20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

uh oh... you said boorish...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.