1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I wouldn't mind shutting down DT and CE, some of the most annoying posters have made them their homes. Don't really care about either of them. Maybe you could just try it for a week or so, see what happens. Although they might just spew their jetstreams of bullshit into other subforums.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

Handed out a couple of time outs and a ban just now. No more of this garbage with walls o' gina, cawk taste, confused boys in dresses sending pics, etc.

I'm also very tempted to go on a rampage handing out timeouts for calling each other faggot, cawkfag, fggt, homo, etc... besides being offensive to many people, it's very tiresome and we have gone over this before. Luckily for you guys, I am in a pretty good mood today so I don't feel like taking the time to do this. But next time I have a bad day, there may come consequences, and it will probably end up being well over 10 people getting timed-out at once. You all know who you are, so maybe stop now and avoid this?

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Handed out a couple of time outs and a ban just now. No more of this garbage with walls o' gina, cawk taste, confused boys in dresses sending pics, etc.

I'm also very tempted to go on a rampage handing out timeouts for calling each other faggot, cawkfag, fggt, homo, etc... besides being offensive to many people, it's very tiresome and we have gone over this before. Luckily for you guys, I am in a pretty good mood today so I don't feel like taking the time to do this. But next time I have a bad day, there may come consequences, and it will probably end up being well over 10 people getting timed-out at once. You all know who you are, so maybe stop now and avoid this?

<grrrrrrr.....dam straight.

im all for fun, but not when it gets over the line vile. let's not wreck J's nice website and show a little respect.

4. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

<grrrrrrr.....dam straight.

im all for fun, but not when it gets over the line vile. let's not wreck J's nice website and show a little respect.

j, you forgot to fix d'brickasho's name.

5. Merckx

Merckx Senior member

I like your new avatar J, M Clift was solid in From here to Eternity.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

j, you forgot to fix d'brickasho's name.

^<grrrrrrrrr....

7. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

I did like the way everyone who participated in that thread started to backpedalphile as soon as it got squirreled.

8. unjung

unjung Senior member

DT doesn't need to be shut down. CE is far worse. But everyone on the &quot;inner circle&quot; list (everyone in that poll) needs to tone it down. I think Conne's threaks are funny. I think a lot of the nonsense threaks have funny moments. But the &quot;race to the bottom&quot; threaks, as it was put, are horrid.

9. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

New member irorosets is a nasty pr0n spammer

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Was all this from that "how's my dress" threak?

11. j

j Senior member Admin

No. 3 different threaks.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No. 3 different threaks.
    Thankfully I missed the other 2. That dress threak was weird enough.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

let's give Modern Gatsby a good time out.

14. Modern Gatsby

Modern Gatsby Well-Known Member

I'll reference him later in any additional statements I may need to issue to the community.

For information purposes only — I was involved in a brief quarrel on the S&amp;D forum, which was resolved (I believe so) with my public apology to both parties. In the event you may need to further question or reference my said apologetic statements, please do not hesitate to do so. My decision to apologize represented quality judgement, maturity, intelligence, and respect.

Gatsby

15. j

j Senior member Admin

I'll reference him later in any additional statements I may need to issue to the community. For information purposes only — I was involved in a brief quarrel on the S&D forum, which was resolved (I believe so) with my public apology to both parties. In the event you may need to further question or reference my said apologetic statements, please do not hesitate to do so. My decision to apologize represented quality judgement, maturity, intelligence, and respect. Gatsby
    Yeah, right, goodbye. Thanks for wasting a bunch of people's time.

16. j

j Senior member Admin

It's BAN DAY around here!! Who wants one?!

17. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

It's BAN DAY around here!! Who wants one?!

Pics and measurements, please.

19. j

j Senior member Admin

I'm going through hundreds of annoying back emails, wading through voicemail hell at my bank, finding out that tons of paypal transfers to me have been having a bunch of fees taken out when they shouldn't have (i.e. a bunch of my money is now just gone)... and I'm hungry and my neck hurts like hell! It's time to get out the ban hammer!

20. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

I'm going through hundreds of annoying back emails, wading through voicemail hell at my bank, finding out that tons of paypal transfers to me have been having a bunch of fees taken out when they shouldn't have (i.e. a bunch of my money is now just gone)... and I'm hungry and my neck hurts like hell! It's time to get out the ban hammer!

my cue to log off. Goodnight SF!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.