Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin

robin Senior member

You religious people weird me out sometimes.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It irked me a great deal.. I edited my original response.. I mean, its one thing to f*ck around with each other with sarcasm and humor, but I think telling somebody that they are not of the faith they were raised in simply because they don't take every aspect of that faith literally is a little offensive to say the least..
    Technically, he has a point, though he is wrong in his conclusion. I guess that I'll go address it in that thread. I've been getting a lot of PMs from members saying that who have been offended by something I'd consider fairly innocuous. On one hand, I have no tolerance for racist, mysogynistic, and other truly disgusting statements. On the other hand, some of you guys have got to get slightly thicker skin. Fok. Edited - hated the phrasing in the original post. Please see below for unedited version.

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Technically, he has a point, though he is wrong in his conclusion. I guess that I'll go address it in that thread. I've been getting a lot of PMs from members saying that they are offended by something fairly innocuous. On one hand, I have no tolerance for racist, mysogynistic, and other truly disgusting statements. On the other hand, some of you guys have got to get slightly thicker skin.

Fok.

I don't think we should discriminate on the basis of skin thickness on this forum.

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

vintage RJ

5. RJman

vintage RJ

Pretty recent vintage.

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Technically, he has a point, though he is wrong in his conclusion. I guess that I'll go address it in that thread. I've been getting a lot of PMs from members saying that who have been offended by something I'd consider fairly innocuous. On one hand, I have no tolerance for racist, mysogynistic, and other truly disgusting statements. On the other hand, some of you guys have got to get slightly thicker skin.

Fok.

Edited - hated the phrasing in the original post. Please see below for unedited version.

Fair enough, but I don't offend very easily, and did not send a PM.. I can go back and respond as I wanted to originally I guess.. [​IMG]

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

You religious people weird me out sometimes.

You are forgetting, I cannot be religious as I do not ascribe to 100% of the dogma of the church I was raised in.. [​IMG]

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Pretty recent vintage.
    I am sure it will age well though.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

How come pee got banned, and all of his posts were deleted?

hey

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

What happened to *Pee, the guy who was talking shit all morning in the Body area? Did he get banned? B/c that was fun while it lasted.

hey

hay

11. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

hey

hay

hey/hay is for horses young men

12. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

There was probably a good reason for it.

13. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

I don't think we should discriminate on the basis of skin thickness on this forum.

I guess I'm guilty of being a little thin-skinned. I reported a post where a member said he liked to masturbate to a particularly brutal rape scene in a movie, and had a history of similar posts about rape.

I'm 100% for free speech but that, especially to a female forum member, is about as progressive as saying "we like to have picnics under lynching trees" or something equally as disgusting.

14. RJman

I guess I'm guilty of being a little thin-skinned. I reported a post where a member said he liked to masturbate to a particularly brutal rape scene in a movie, and had a history of similar posts about rape.

I'm 100% for free speech but that, especially to a female forum member, is about as progressive as saying "we like to have picnics under lynching trees" or something equally as disgusting.

My comment was facetious. I think I would share your reaction, and in fact have felt similarly at quite a number of creepy posts and those who appear to welcome them. Frankly, I'm surprised any real women (as opposed to creepy men pretending to be their fantasy women) can actually read this forum.

15. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

My comment was facetious. I think I would share your reaction, and in fact have felt similarly at quite a number of creepy posts and those who appear to welcome them. Frankly, I'm surprised any real women (as opposed to creepy men pretending to be their fantasy women) can actually read this forum.

It's not too bad, I stick to DT's though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.