1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruben

ruben Senior member

Can one change their username?

2. j

j Senior member Admin

we were squatting AAAC while waiting our beloved SF to be back j !

But seriously, what about this SF Maintenance Fund, I'd like to contribute

I appreciate it, contributions to the cause can be made via Paypal to j2@styleforum.net (for e-check or Paypal balance only) or j@styleforum.net for any credit card, foreign currency, or other more complicated transactions.

Hopefully we can find a better solution - the current server we're on would cost $599/month, and (hopefully) it is severe overkill. They are letting me use it this week until we figure out where we're moving to for the price of the cheaper server we were on, but I only have the week...

3. j

j Senior member Admin

Can one change their username?
    I can change it for you, but I won't change it over and over. PM me.

4. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Thanks for your service!!!

On a side note...

I noticed on another forum (similar to this sites design) that they had the stickies in a different color.

Is that possible on this site? It made it much easier on the other site to differentiate where the stickies ended and the posting began.

Thanks

5. j

j Senior member Admin

Hmm, not a bad idea. I'll look into that.

6. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Here's the link:

Forum

7. j

j Senior member Admin

I've added Google Adsense ads to the forum archive template, and I'm working on integrating them into the regular template so they aren't too annoying. I may do something where they only show up for guests, or we have a nominal membership fee that gets rid of them, or something, depending on what kind of revenue they bring in.

I'm not allowed to tell you to click on them (please don't randomly click on them, that would look bad and get us/me in trouble) but if you see one that genuinely interests you, don't be shy. They are context sensitive so as the engine learns about what we are talking about here, the ads should get more and more relevant and I can also tune them so we don't get too many stupid ones, hopefully.

8. whacked

whacked Senior member

J., did you remove the "tags" feature?

9. j

j Senior member Admin

Yeah, I turned it off to see if it would help cut server load. I guess I'll turn it back on now that we're on this one...

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Sometimes the tags get quite puerile.

11. SieurDeLaSalle

SieurDeLaSalle Senior member

Yep, I'm getting very bored with them now.
    So does that mean the Closet is Full...[​IMG]

12. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Patrick Bateman seems to have gotten banned while I wasn't paying attention. What did he do?

13. dah328

dah328 Senior member

14. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

link by any chance?
    or description?

15. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

word has it he used racial slurs, was popped for it and was put in time out for a while but then used said slur again after coming back

16. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

urine is very bad for lawns and most plant life-----too much nitrogen i keep trying to plant a tree in front of my house but my neighbors keep on drowning them in dog urine. i'm on my second and i'm sure it is dead. i think i will plant a carnivorous plant there instead.
    When I was a child my mom had me pee in a big bottle which she used to pour on her plants. She said it worked.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

Sometimes the tags get quite puerile.
    I know, I try to delete them when I see stupid ones, but it's hard to keep up.

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I'm sorry that you have to.

19. BankerBoi

BankerBoi Senior member

I have just (probably temporarily) put a minimum post limit on the Current Events forum. Guests and search engines will not be allowed to browse it, and members will (at the moment) need 100 posts to their name to access it.
    Most likely what will happen is I will start a separate forum for threads that veer off topic way too far into the "free speech zone" and that one will have the post limit, and the CE forum will then remain open for news stories and such.

Or consider a special forum for paid subscribers /donors.

(-- Still working on getting up to 100 posts in my name)

20. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

When I was a child my mom had me pee in a big bottle which she used to pour on her plants. She said it worked.

I have seen a BBC documentary about how to become "greener" to save the planet...

And one of the tips was to urinate in the garden or in the compost bin to save flushing water...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.