1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Senior member

I saw that post earlier, wondered if it would get him banned.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Banned for good or just a little while?

A sad(?) loss.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

A sad(?) loss.
    Not really.

4. j

j Senior member Admin

In conference with our resident Asian moderator, his sentence has been revised to "less-than-permanent and a stern talking to".

That whole thread is a serious goatscrew now.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

randallr is a douche, but in his defense, he is not the one who f***ed that thread up - there was plenty of shit-spewing to go around. Singling him out seems a little unfair. I mean, the guy does need something of a smackdown and a reality check, but it should probably be coming from a therapist with some experience in sexual identity crises.

i caveat all of this by saying I fully realize my opinion doesn't mean a goddamned thing. [​IMG]

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

free mumia

btw can we start banning people that scam in B&S? does this happen already?

7. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Yup. And he was timed out only recently. If the stick doesn't work, we gotta bring out a bigger stick.

I don't get haganah. He's obviously an educated fellow but he's so damned abrasive, all the time, and usually for no particular reason.

8. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

In conference with our resident Asian moderator, his sentence has been revised to "less-than-permanent and a stern talking to".

Thank's J. Now I don't have to PM both you and Fok on his behalf.

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

randallr is a douche, but in his defense, he is not the one who f***ed that thread up - there was plenty of shit-spewing to go around. Singling him out seems a little unfair. I mean, the guy does need something of a smackdown and a reality check, but it should probably be coming from a therapist with some experience in sexual identity crises.

i caveat all of this by saying I fully realize my opinion doesn't mean a goddamned thing. [​IMG]

There did seem to be an awful lot of name-calling from more than one person. It seems the ones that strike a particular nerve receive more severe punishment than others.

10. j

j Senior member Admin

There did seem to be an awful lot of name-calling from more than one person. It seems the ones that strike a particular nerve receive more severe punishment than others.
    Well, the no racism rule is one of the only ones we try to always enforce. The rest are enforced capriciously, whimsically and unfairly.

11. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

The rest are enforced capriciously, whimsically and unfairly.
    Jerk.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't get haganah. He's obviously an educated fellow but he's so damned abrasive, all the time, and usually for no particular reason.
    Haganah is great. He has a lot of info and is very smart, but doesn't deal well with idiocy. Imagine manton with a different skillset and a lower tolerance and a saucier vocabulary.

13. j

j Senior member Admin

Jerk.
    [​IMG]

14. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can someone explain this term, where it comes from, and what special connotations it might have that make it applicable to that trainwreck of a thread?

15. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

16. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Yeah, I agree he's the man. It probably wasn't what he said but more who he said it to. I've seen much more racist stuff said.

17. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Not really.

I miss him more than I'd miss you.

18. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I miss him more than I'd miss you.

Good to know. I'm sure you're the only one.

19. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Haganah is great. He has a lot of info and is very smart, but doesn't deal well with idiocy. Imagine manton with a different skillset and a lower tolerance and a saucier vocabulary.

I don't know. I like a lot of what he contributes but he's gotten very nasty with me with what I believed to be minimal provocation. Then again, I might be one of the idiots you speak of.

20. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Good to know. I'm sure you're the only one.

Doubt it. Maybe Thomas would miss you. I've seen the fan mail he gets, enough to fill up a whole pm box weekly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.