1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j

j Senior member Admin

because it sucks
    ftfy

I'm seriously tempted to start charging for access to DTs. All those useless posts have to go somewhere, you know.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

ftfy

I'm seriously tempted to start charging for access to DTs. All those useless posts have to go somewhere, you know.

Well, if DT posts didn't count in the total post counts, you would certainly get rid of half of them overnight (jinda *wink wink*)

3. j

j Senior member Admin

They're still in the database though.

Unless you mean it would discourage stupid post count threads, which it might I guess. That's another reason I'm glad we don't have post count parties over here.

4. gdl203

Yes, that's what I meant (e.g.)

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Don't waste my time. If you feel like doing something stupid, jump off a bridge. That won't bother me in the slightest. If it means I have to waste my time deleting your crap, I may just delete you altogether.

Fok.

P.S. There is a contest. Next person who posts a thread in Dumb Threads that is inappropriate enough for me to have to secret squirrel it will take between 1 and 365 days off, depending on my mood. Enjoy.

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

ftfy I'm seriously tempted to start charging for access to DTs. All those useless posts have to go somewhere, you know.
    It's disturbing that DTs will exist in infamy. Can't they ripple out of existence rather than merely going to the next page? ~ H

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Don't waste my time. If you feel like doing something stupid, jump off a bridge. That won't bother me in the slightest. If it means I have to waste my time deleting your crap, I may just delete you altogether.

Fok.

P.S. There is a contest. Next person who posts a thread in Dumb Threads that is inappropriate enough for me to have to secret squirrel it will take between 1 and 365 days off, depending on my mood. Enjoy.

I certainly don't want to run afoul of Fok so I just want be clear on what you're saying.

You want threads in DT to actually potentially generate some form of discussion? Like you don't want threads that exist for the sake of having a thread?

If I am misunderstanding what you are saying, please let me know.

Yours in forum solidarity,

Ed

Edinatlanta

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

No you idjut he means no racist shit or talking about rape and pedobear and stupid shit taht he has to clean up
    fack

9. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I certainly don't want to run afoul of Fok so I just want be clear on what you're saying. You want threads in DT to actually potentially generate some form of discussion? Like you don't want threads that exist for the sake of having a thread? If I am misunderstanding what you are saying, please let me know. ours in forum solidarity, Ed Edinatlanta
    No you idjut he means no racist shit or talking about rape and pedobear and stupid shit taht he has to clean up fack
    Exactly. It amazes me sometimes when somebody has to ASK what it means to use "good sense" before posting and not be an idiot. "SO... just to be clear here... posting links to those necrophiliac septuagenarians who also sacrifice goats live on their website while not paying taxes and firing illegal assault weapons... that's NOT okay? Just wanting to check... don't want to run afoul of the mods!" EDIT: You have to change your avatar. That's a registered trademark of Vanna Schlartz Enterprises, LLC. It's also confusing as hell, because I know my Vanna's writing and, girlfriend, yours ain't it. [​IMG]

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I still like my idea of posts in DTs counting as negative posts, so that the more one posts, the more one takes one's posts to zero. Zero would be the floor though..

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I certainly don't want to run afoul of Fok so I just want be clear on what you're saying.

You want threads in DT to actually potentially generate some form of discussion? Like you don't want threads that exist for the sake of having a thread?

If I am misunderstanding what you are saying, please let me know.

Yours in forum solidarity,

Ed

Edinatlanta

No you idjut he means no racist shit or talking about rape and pedobear and stupid shit taht he has to clean up
    fack

Exactly. It amazes me sometimes when somebody has to ASK what it means to use "good sense" before posting and not be an idiot.

"SO... just to be clear here... posting links to those necrophiliac septuagenarians who also sacrifice goats live on their website while not paying taxes and firing illegal assault weapons... that's NOT okay? Just wanting to check... don't want to run afoul of the mods!"

EDIT: You have to change your avatar. That's a registered trademark of Vanna Schlartz Enterprises, LLC. It's also confusing as hell, because I know my Vanna's writing and, girlfriend, yours ain't it. [​IMG]

Thanks Kyle and John. Also, if you feel the need to post numbers all day, or use up our bandwidth with a few hundred posts of smilies, please just go drive a nail through your hand instead. That will not inconvenience me in the slightest.

I don't mind dumb fun, nor does j or any of the mods, but we've all learned that there is such a thing as "too dumb". I'd also like to re-emphasize Kyle and John's point, above, that there is a (what should be) clear distinction between dumb and disgusting. If you feel that you are veering into the second category, get up from your computer, get out that hammer and nail, plant typing hand on a hard, flat, surface, and go to town.

Thanks,

Fok.

12. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

I still like my idea of posts in DTs counting as negative posts, so that the more one posts, the more one takes one's posts to zero. Zero would be the floor though..

then why have a DT, period?

13. gdl203

DT was created to move and dump threads that are too idiotic to stay in the main forums but not offensive enough to be squirreled. To hide them.

Then some strange electro-chemical thingy happened inside T4chan's brain and here we are - stuck with that

14. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

I'm not complaining that it is there. Its kinda funny, but if it were gone I would not be devastated. I don't see a point in it countering your post count though.

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Great idea. I dislike DTs for the same reason I disagree with libertarians. They both think one can compartmentalize one's dumb posts/deviant behavior into one forum/private life without the dumb/deviance spreading into the wider forum/society. Both are wrong.

16. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I didn't say I think its a good idea to have DTs.. I rarely go there myself, so its neither here nor there; just not sure why posts there add to one's post count.. Its like my going to a cigar forum and building up my post count posting about farting and jerking off..

17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

dp

18. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not complaining that it is there. Its kinda funny, but if it were gone I would not be devastated. I don't see a point in it countering your post count though.

What is the significance of post count? Why would anyone care about their count?

19. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

What is the significance of post count? Why would anyone care about their count?
    I would like mine to be 101

20. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I actually really like this idea. MAybe if you get below zero it's a perma-ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.