Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Im down for a donation also why was PB put in time out?
    Read up a couple pages.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

For anyone who did not read the friendly rules j. posted, don't troll another member. You know who you are - we had to spamminate your fake name and your troll thread. Do it again, and you are going to get a big, long time out. Or a permanent ban.

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

For anyone who did not read the friendly rules j. posted, don't troll another member. You know who you are - we had to spamminate your fake name and your troll thread. Do it again, and you are going to get a big, long time out. Or a permanent fran.
    Ummm, I'm still seeing the fake name in the users online list -- could you guys have accidentally spamminated the real Fan?

4. j

5. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I like the username of our new member nakedgirl [​IMG] At least she gets right to the point; though she's not answering my PMs [​IMG]

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Did the font change last night? Or something else? My brain is saying something is different.

7. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Did the font change last night? Or something else? My brain is saying something is different.

I think it's that the topics are no longer underlined unless you have recently viewed them.

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I think it's that the topics are no longer underlined unless you have recently viewed them.

Ah, ok ok. I was wondering the same thing as chorse123, I thought I accidentally decreased the font size again with the scrollwheel...

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I notice when you "mark forum read" it doesnt unbold the new topics...I preferred it the other way where it unbolds after marking it read

10. j

Hmmmmmmm. I'll look into this. Basically I just wanted to do away with the underlines since they clutter it up visually.

11. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I've been trying to deal with my impending blindness all day. I thought for sure something was wrong with my eyes.

12. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Am I correct in understanding that attachments to posts dings the server for the bandwidth? I rarely attach, but just did so, (a middling 5kb file though) and it made me wonder. Would disabling that feature keep the data transfers down?

~ Huntsman

13. j

It would, but at the moment bandwidth isn't the problem, it's the load on the server resources (CPU and memory). The attachments come from the database (IIRC), which is on a different server than the web stuff, which I think would mean that they wouldn't tax the web server. The database server is for the most part doing all right with the load - it's the web server that runs all the scripts and serves up button/logo images etc. that's hurting.

14. j

New features hacked in: "Next and Previous" threads replaced by thread titles at the bottom of the thread (see above quick reply box). Also, "My Posts" link - hit the little arrow for a dropdown "My Posts/My Threads (threads you started)" menu.

15. EL72

EL72 Senior member

YES!! Thank you for the My Posts/Threads link. Saves me from going to the main page + my profile...

Also, is it just me or is the site really slow since yesterday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.