Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin

robin Senior member

Cliff notes please . . . who won and why?
    It was over before it even started. The manbearpig demanded it be a poll though, and I was going to demand that it be made a public one.

2. mussel

mussel Senior member

Can we pin the live.com cashback thread? And change the title to "Live.com Cashback Update." At least until the cashback is gone for good.

3. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

General chat is being assaulted by ZoomWeree...

4. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

General chat is being assaulted by ZoomWeree...

+1. Not this shit again [​IMG]

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Can somebody get rid of the "Gilt Group Issue" thread? I've never purchased from Gilt and have nothing at stake in their site, but the thread has turned into a whining little bitching and moaning fest with some random Monday Morning Quarterbacks coming in just to stir the shit.

The OP knows he can contact the Gilt Group member on the board via PM, as said member has offered and pointed the way. A continued bitch-fest on the thread is just going to make Gilt regret that they have a presence here and make the entire site look like a bunch of cheap whiners who want to bitch and moan when we don't get our way (at 90% off!).

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can somebody get rid of the "Gilt Group Issue" thread? I've never purchased from Gilt and have nothing at stake in their site, but the thread has turned into a whining little bitching and moaning fest with some random Monday Morning Quarterbacks coming in just to stir the shit.

The OP knows he can contact the Gilt Group member on the board via PM, as said member has offered and pointed the way. A continued bitch-fest on the thread is just going to make Gilt regret that they have a presence here.

Why is whining a crime? It isn't offensive and you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

7. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Why is whining a crime? It isn't offensive and you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

Cruiser?

8. rach2jlc

I wasn't talking in particular about your discussion of MSRP, Dopey. BUT, as to the other, it IS offensive when most people think that the OP is making a big issue of something just to get his way against a clearly established returns policy. Further, when most everybody on the forum has had good experiences with the site and wants to continue fostering a good relationship between the two, letting a few drama queens with suspicious intentions keep on with the bitching and moaning just makes us all look bad by association. No, you don't have to read the bitching/moaning... but when I click over to buy on Gilt and their prices are 20% higher or they don't work as an SF affiliate anymore because they think members here are a bunch of douchebags... well... that's an issue.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

Gilt group addressed the complaint and explained the disparity (it was a mark down from the original MSRP on the part of the retailer) and the OP refuses to accept the simple explanation.

10. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

It IS offensive when most people think that the OP is making a big issue of something just to get his way against a clearly established returns policy.

Further, when most everybody on the forum has had good experiences with the site and wants to continue fostering a good relationship between the two, letting a few drama queens with suspicious intentions keep on with the bitching and moaning just makes us all look bad by association.

No, you don't have to read the bitching/moaning... but when I click over to buy on Gilt and their prices are 20% higher or they don't work as an SF affiliate anymore because they think members here are a bunch of douchebags... well... that's an issue.

So it's all about you.

11. rach2jlc

So it's all about you.
    Yes. Show me an altruist and I'll show you a liar. [​IMG] Edit: I think you're the CHIEF shit-stirrer here, Dopey! [​IMG] That doesn't mean I don't love you, though...

12. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Yes. Show me an altruist and I'll show you a liar. [​IMG]

Edit: I think you're the CHIEF shit-stirrer here, Dopey! [​IMG] That doesn't mean I don't love you, though...

I thought you wrote "CHEF" and thought, what's cooking?

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Can you plz ban anyone who picks on me? Thx. Namely, this includes SField, Connemara, Rach, and sometimes Why. TIA.

14. SField

SField Senior member

Can you plz ban anyone who picks on me? Thx.

Then there will be no forum left.

God you're just like all of those people in the fat people thread in CEM.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Then there will be no forum left.

God you're just like all of those people in the fat people thread in CEM.

Exhibit A!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.