1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binge

binge Distinguished Member

[​IMG] fei123 [​IMG]

Spam from a spammer... posts in many of the fora...

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Distinguished Member

Question about the gallery/wiki; I've just collected a couple of hundred Esquire/Apparel Arts illustrations in a folder, and carefully edited them - can they get their own category? (I may have misunderstood how it works - am I allowed to start a new category?)

3. Matt

Matt [email protected]

J, have you ever thought about a Travelling subforum? I just did some searches on hotel recommendations (didn't find what I was looking for) and was amazed how much infos came up just on a search for "hotel". Seems like we have a huge amount of travel info already now.
    i'm for that, but maybe just as a part/slight rename of fine living (ie fine living, travel, auto....), or otherwise as part of social life - something like that. I dont think we get the volume of posts to justify its own board.

4. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Question about the gallery/wiki; I've just collected a couple of hundred Esquire/Apparel Arts illustrations in a folder, and carefully edited them - can they get their own category? (I may have misunderstood how it works - am I allowed to start a new category?)
    That's pretty cool. Do let us know when you've managed to get them posted.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

TrulySnob has been banned due to anti-semitic comments sent via PM.

Please be aware that only one party consent is necessary to disclose the contents of a personal message conversation.

Fok.

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

TrulySnob has been banned due to anti-semitic comments sent via PM.
    Ironically enough, to a guy with a Scottish surname

7. binge

binge Distinguished Member

i'm for that, but maybe just as a part/slight rename of fine living (ie fine living, travel, auto....), or otherwise as part of social life - something like that. I dont think we get the volume of posts to justify its own board.

Or maybe just pin a thread for it.

8. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

J, have you ever thought about a Travelling subforum? I just did some searches on hotel recommendations (didn't find what I was looking for) and was amazed how much infos came up just on a search for "hotel". Seems like we have a huge amount of travel info already now.

I second this, however you feel it is best accomplished. I think a subforum would be nice though. It would encourage questions and answers and I, for one, would browse it just for fun. There are a lot of SF members with a ton of really great knowledge and a lot of members in some really cool places. I'd love to corral some of that knowledge.

9. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

If corralling knowledge is anything like corralling teh dumb, it's harder than you think. Look what happened last time we got a new sub-forum (yes, I know, all my fault, etc.)...

10. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

11. Matt

Matt [email protected]

first one - got it. Tks.

second one is linking to Fade to Black though...joke or mistake?

edit - ok got it...the link was to the profile page of the last poster in the 'made in China' thread so generously supplied to us by someone who...uh..makes in China, when FtB posted a reply. MBLFashions is no longer with us.

12. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Distinguished Member

the second one linked to

unko

for me if thats any help.

13. rach2jlc

first one - got it. Tks. second one is linking to Fade to Black though...joke or mistake? edit - ok got it...the link was to the last poster in the 'made in China' thread so generously supplied to us by someone who...uh..makes in China, when FtB posted a reply. MBLFashions is no longer with us.
    Woops... definitely didn't mean to get FtB on the "bad" list. My mistake! Anyway, you fixed the error and found out the poster I was meaning! Thanks!

14. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Distinguished Member

hahahah close shave. Gilette Mach 3 steez up in here

15. rach2jlc

hahahah close shave. Gilette Mach 3 steez up in here

Yep, my bad. Luckily, though, the mods here are much more technologically savvy than I am and caught my mistake.

Anyway, I doubt there was ever any danger... I don't think I've got the pull (YET!) to get members banned just by "suggestion." If so, "why" would have been gone ages ago. (haha).

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.