1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Yes, have pride in the fact that you're a classless, unfunny, offensive brute.
    I'm sure that'll work out well for you.

Kyle, you know I love you, but I haven't laughed so hard in weeks.

Give it a day or two, maybe brush some of the sand out of your vagina and you will come to appreciate the hilarity of politically incorrect humor.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

That's rich, coming from YOU.

Tit slapping anyone?

You might have a point. I just don't think it's the same whatsoever, talking about a funny sexual desire versus being purposely offensive for the sake of..... nothing.

3. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    You might have a point. I just don't think it's the same whatsoever, talking about a funny sexual desire versus being purposely offensive for the sake of..... a chuckle or two.
    FTFY I never said the jokes were good, just that they were offensive. Most are shlock for shock but some are pretty funny too. If the mods have an issue with a particular joke, just let me know.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

TheGreek has been put in the can for two weeks. There is a remarkable amount of leeway given to posters in this subforum, but there are limits, even in the CEsspool. If you get offensive enough, you will be allowed to have some self-reflection time.

Please keep this is mind.

Fok.

P.S. It was the most conservative member of the moderation team that asked for him to be timed out.

5. LA Guy

Snitch!

They're called jokes, if you're too sensitive than hike up your skirt and don't read it.

They are actually called "offensive jokes". Hope you guys have them memorized, because I am deleting the thread, which was a really terrible idea, for any number of reasons.

6. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

They are actually called "offensive jokes". Hope you guys have them memorized, because I am deleting the thread, which was a really terrible idea, for any number of reasons.

Awww.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Awww.
    The first one was the funniest joke I can remember. It almost made me think a good thought about Joe Woah.

8. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

The first one was the funniest joke I can remember. It almost made me think a good thought about Joe Woah.

[​IMG] !

You should have seen the one about how to make a 12 year old cry twice. So offensive.

You can go here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/commen...s_not_for_the/

That's where I got the idea for the thread and some of the really offensive jokes.

Remember, load all the comments!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

P.S. It was the most conservative member of the moderation team that asked for him to be timed out.
    We all know that SF is run at the generally good but somewhat arbitrary discretion of the mods. Given that, why make such a weak attempt at self-justification?

10. apropos

apropos Senior member

Vitamin C's argument went something along the lines of the Nazis having done the right thing by killing all the vanquished, and that the addition of racial cleansing to the mix of simple genocide just made the whole stew a bit spicier. Then he made the assertion that since the Germans were low on food, it made sense to kill the Jews since that way they wouldn't need to feed them.
    Wow. That is quite disturbing. I wonder what goes through his head sometimes. [​IMG]

11. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Wow. That is quite disturbing. I wonder what goes through his head sometimes. [​IMG]
    You're the one who brought the whole thing up looking for a way to justify Holocaust denial as something other than Antisemitism.

12. LA Guy

We all know that SF is run at the generally good but somewhat arbitrary discretion of the mods. Given that, why make such a weak attempt at self-justification?

It wasn't meant as an attempt at self-justification. It was just to say that his comments were so beyond the ken that even someone who might otherwise support his position were appalled and repulsed by them.

13. apropos

apropos Senior member

You're the one who brought the whole thing up looking for a way to justify Holocaust denial as something other than Antisemitism.
    I, and others, have grasped the distinction between holocaust denial and antisemitism. A distinction which continues to elude you, apparently: If most, but not all, canned juices contain sugar, does that mean all canned juices contain sugar? If most, but not all, holocaust denial is done by antisemites, does that mean all holocaust denial is antisemitism? Can ignorance not play a part as well?

14. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I, and others, have grasped the distinction between holocaust denial and antisemitism.

A distinction which continues to elude you, apparently:

If most, but not all, canned juices contain sugar, does that mean all canned juices contain sugar?

If most, but not all, holocaust denial is done by antisemites, does that mean all holocaust denial is antisemitism? Can ignorance not play a part as well?

[​IMG]

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

If it hurts your head to grasp something that simple, I feel sorry for you.

16. whacked

whacked Senior member

I, and others, have grasped the distinction between holocaust denial and antisemitism.

A distinction which continues to elude you, apparently:

If most, but not all, canned juices contain sugar, does that mean all canned juices contain sugar?

If most, but not all, holocaust denial is done by antisemites, does that mean all holocaust denial is antisemitism? Can ignorance not play a part as well?

Lemme guess, vitaminc, TheGreek, and Ataturk? What distinguished company...

17. apropos

apropos Senior member

Lemme guess, vitaminc, TheGreek, and Ataturk? What distinguished company...
    Actually, no. Manton, milosz, and (surprise surprise) iammatt. All I am saying is that a knee-jerk accusation of antisemitism is unhelpful and sometimes just wrong. There are entire chunks of the world where European history is glossed over or completely omitted - can ignorance truly not play a part?

18. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Actually, no.

Manton, milosz, and (surprise surprise) iammatt.

Yeah, but I don't think you got my point.

19. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If it hurts your head to grasp something that simple, I feel sorry for you.

Yeah I'm stupid (google facepalm for an explanation since you seem clueless).

At least I'm not an antisemitic Holocaust denier

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Ataturk is a proto-fascist, is that deserving of banning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.