Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt [email protected]

yeah sorry about the edit thing...I tried to edit it in, but then SF went crazy slow and did that spinning...spinning...thing. In the meantime, you answered and quoted me pre-edit. So, cut and pasted my addition into a new post.

OK, I will start that thread and pin it in B&S/WTB, as well as put a notice in the front page/rulesy thing as well.

I am going to deputise you to come up with a bit of a template for what it should say as well in one of the first posts. Who you are/where you are/what you have access to etc.

Fair?

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

So looks like j finally kicked Harry Lean out.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I had noticed that when I saw one of his posts, he looked as though he was getting increasingly cranky and his tone had become closer and closer to that of the Shooman. To add to my suspicions, he clearly lived in Australia (as he posted at length about RM Williams and other Australian shoe-related topics) and he was very critical of pretty much any shoe that was presented on the forum.

4. robin

robin Senior member

5. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I had noticed that when I saw one of his posts, he looked as though he was getting increasingly cranky and his tone had become closer and closer to that of the Shooman. To add to my suspicions, he clearly lived in Australia (as he posted at length about RM Williams and other Australian shoe-related topics) and he was very critical of pretty much any shoe that was presented on the forum.

I bet if j et co. dug deep enough in the server logs they will unearth various IP's, even when hidden behind proxies.

6. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

My impression was that Harry Lean was like the zipcar of the banned FNB trolls. They loaned the keys out among themselves and shooman eventually drove it into the ditch.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yup. Sometimes trolls get tiresome enough that it becomes worth the effort to ban them.

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

My impression was that Harry Lean was like the zipcar of the banned FNB trolls. They loaned the keys out among themselves and shooman eventually drove it into the ditch.
    We have a winner.

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

We have a winner.

A winner, where's nothing to win or loose.

10. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Yup. Sometimes trolls get tiresome enough that it becomes worth the effort to ban them.

cough... PoloRalph???... cough

11. binge

binge Senior member

Is there a long-running PSA thread? I haven't seen one, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Every so often I'll run across some decent to good deals at discounters here in San Francisco. I'm not into buying the stuff and reselling in B&S, but I would like to share the info and maybe help out some others. I'd rather not start a new PSA thread every time and clutter up the forums. I've put these PSAs in the "thrift/dicsount bragging" thread, but that didn't seem like the right place either.

12. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I note that some of the most recent posts of the "Most Intelligent Troll" thread have been deleted. Was that because of the reappearance of Horace under the user name "Spooter"? I thought at first the whole thread had been squirreled.

13. robin

robin Senior member

Should the cesspool just be closed until after the elections are done? That place is weirder than normal lately.

14. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Should the cesspool just be closed until after the elections are done? That place is weirder than normal lately.

+100.

15. Merckx

Merckx Senior member

Is that a provision of McCain-Feingold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.