Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

3. rach2jlc

I got nothing.
    He (toucansam) reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Bart picks up a "Where's Waldo?" book and each page has Waldo, by himself and in close-up, standing in an open field. He says, "geesh, it's like he's not even trying anymore." That's the caliber of trollishness (or "trollocity") I think we're dealing with here.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

He reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Bart picks up a "Where's Waldo?" book and each page has Waldo, by himself and in close-up, standing in an open field. He says, "geesh, it's like he's not even trying anymore." That's the caliber of trollishness (or "trollocity") I think we're dealing with here.

who was it?

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I got nothing.

That's efficient moderation for you!

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

FYI: We cannot "delete" accounts. When you ask me to "cancel" your membership, as much as I want to try to fix whatever makes you want to leave, if you're leaving, you can't take all your posts with you. If you want, I will ban you by request. That's as much as I can/will do. I can't delete all your posts and leave big gaps in the threads. Not going to happen.

P.s. if you ask me to ban you and then post the next day/minute, I am ignoring it.

7. rach2jlc

who was it?
    The guy I posted a link to three or four posts above. I think his screename is toucansam.
    FYI: We cannot "delete" accounts. When you ask me to "cancel" your membership, as much as I want to try to fix whatever makes you want to leave, if you're leaving, you can't take all your posts with you. If you want, I will ban you by request. That's as much as I can/will do. I can't delete all your posts and leave big gaps in the threads. Not going to happen. P.s. if you ask me to ban you and then post the next day/minute, I am ignoring it.
    Do people actually request this of you, J? It's like a close, but equally overly-dramatic, second to a "GOODBYE, Cruel BOARD!" post.

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Do people actually request this of you, J? It's like a close, but equally overly-dramatic, second to a "GOODBYE, Cruel BOARD!" post.
    surprisingly, yes. Every couple of months or so I get a 'ban me please' PM. Fall into two categories... 1. I am outraged by XYZ and want nothing more to do with the place and 2. I love SF and waste too much time here and cannott restrain myself, so time me out to help me fight temptation.

9. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

Some people have no restraint.

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Could somebody get rid of this guy? I mean, it's like the trolls aren't even trying anymore...

http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=10992

He seems to be a newbie who got touchy when told to do a search rather than a troll.

11. rach2jlc

He seems to be a newbie who got touchy when told to do a search rather than a troll.
    You're probably right. Nevertheless, it's easy enough simply to hit "ignore," so no worries... And, I was probably just too touchy with him arguing with such certainty that Miyake is the best cologne ever. That's like telling Manton that he needs to give up everything else he owns for a black Hugo Boss suit w/ matching shoes. [​IMG]

12. mink31

mink31 Senior member

So apparently some are still a little dense in B&S...

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

And, I was probably just too touchy with him arguing with such certainty that Miyake is the best cologne ever. That's like telling Manton that he needs to give up everything else he owns for a black Hugo Boss suit w/ matching shoes. [​IMG]
    Really? [​IMG] What's wrong with Issey Miyake? That's been my favorite scent for 10+ years [​IMG]

14. rach2jlc

Really? [​IMG] What's wrong with Issey Miyake? That's been my favorite scent for 10+ years [​IMG]
    Actually, there's nothing wrong with it... it was really just a joke. It's a perfectly fine scent... actually I own it as well and in summer in Japan it tends to go over very well (heavier scents, ala hermes Belami, tend to get very strong negative reactions). It was just that in the thread in question where it was discussed I had made some other suggestions (sort of a "you might want to also try this") and they fell on deaf Miyake-laden ears. [​IMG]

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.