Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

Elecronicsreseller ....

who also posted this.

Damn, an ad-generating device with human thoughts! Who would've thunk?
    [​IMG]

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread smells like fake user name shilling to me.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread smells like fake user name shilling to me.

The original shill has been banned and his company (BRNDNU at www.brndnu.com) soundly trashed in public (see thread).

If anyone else has been taking his money to shill for these brands, this is your chance to PM me and apologize profusely. I may or may not ban-hammer you, but I promise that I will not drag you through the dirt in public on the forum, and that if you are banned, it will be merciful and discreet.

Fok.

5. EL72

EL72 Senior member

The original shill has been banned and his company (BRNDNU at www.brndnu.com) soundly trashed in public (see thread).

If anyone else has been taking his money to shill for these brands, this is your chance to PM me and apologize profusely. I may or may not ban-hammer you, but I promise that I will not drag you through the dirt in public on the forum, and that if you are banned, it will be merciful and discreet.

Fok.

What if I offered you half the money? [​IMG]

6. robin

robin Senior member

[​IMG]

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Half the money is not enough. You'd have to convince everyone else involved to kick in 75% of all their takings, and the parent company would have to pay a big, hefty fee up front as well.

What, you think that this shit is cheap? That's nearly as insulting as thinking this shit is free.

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Ill take it and give you all the air cover you need from Teh Fok. PM me [​IMG]

9. Coho

Coho Senior member

Lost my train of thought....

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Can we have a list of forum moderators? Makes it much easier to "tone" down when needed to. For example, Enuff=STFU and chill. I didn't know that.[​IMG]

In most parts of the world, cops wear uniforms. I don't see why this rule doesn't apply to SF.

This list already exists.
    Go to the forum index (homepage) and click on "Forum Leaders" or whatever the exact wording is.
    First thing you'll see is a list of names and which subfora they moderate.

It'd be smart to memorize them (not to mention easy). It's not like they shift responsibilities every day.

11. Coho

Coho Senior member

Thanks. I didn't know that. J is not listed. I wonder if he's undercover. [​IMG]

This list already exists.
    Go to the forum index (homepage) and click on "Forum Leaders" or whatever the exact wording is.
    First thing you'll see is a list of names and which subfora they moderate.

It'd be smart to memorize them (not to mention easy). It's not like they shift responsibilities every day.

12. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Thanks. I didn't know that. J is not listed. I wonder if he's undercover. [​IMG]

He's not strictly undercover per se, but he clearly enjoys it when a clueless noob mouths off to him. It makes for good fun for everybody. [​IMG]

13. Matt

Matt [email protected]

This list already exists. Go to the forum index (homepage) and click on "Forum Leaders" or whatever the exact wording is. First thing you'll see is a list of names and which subfora they moderate. It'd be smart to memorize them (not to mention easy). It's not like they shift responsibilities every day.
    plus there is a list of moderators for each forum at the bottom of the list of threads. But for the record.... J does everywhere LAGuy (Fok) does everywhere Bradford does Current Events Brian does Streetwear, Men's Clothing, Current Events Steve B does basically everywhere bar streetwear and current events I do everywhere bar Streetwear

14. Coho

Coho Senior member

Thanks for the clarification.
    plus there is a list of moderators for each forum at the bottom of the list of threads. But for the record.... J does everywhere LAGuy (Fok) does everywhere Bradford does Current Events Brian does Streetwear, Men's Clothing, Current Events Steve B does basically everywhere bar streetwear and current events I do everywhere bar Streetwear

15. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Humble suggestion for the moderators:

I am not sure if the version of the Vbulletin software that runs the forum allows it, but if all newly registered members were required to make an arbitrary number of replies (say 5 or 10) before being able to start their own threads it may significantly decrease the amount of SPAM, especially in B&S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.