Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt [email protected]

other than being kinda irritating, what has EG done that is bannable?

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

If there's any concern about the size of the forum, it might make sense to delete buying and selling threads that are more than a year old

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If there's any concern about the size of the forum, it might make sense to delete buying and selling threads that are more than a year old
    Yeah, I have pruned the B&S before but that's not what makes things slow. MySQL is very efficient so all that stuff is really just taking up storage space, which is basically unlimited. Additionally, that stuff adds to our search engine traffic and brings new members and buyers for sweaters, scarves, ties, links, etc.... [​IMG]

4. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Yeah, I have pruned the B&S before but that's not what makes things slow. MySQL is very efficient so all that stuff is really just taking up storage space, which is basically unlimited. Additionally, that stuff adds to our search engine traffic and brings new members and buyers for sweaters, scarves, ties, links, etc.... [​IMG]

Carry on, then. [​IMG]

5. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

As a seller, old sales threads are good for market research.

6. robin

robin Senior member

Carry on, then. [​IMG]
    Yeah, if you have something very specific Google will pick it up and rank it very highly, especially if you have links to your B&S posts in your sig. For example, my Inis Meain sweater posts were #1 on google for "inis meain" and "inis meain sweaters" for a long time.
    As a seller, old sales threads are good for market research.
    It's handy just in general, particularly with things like measurements and other common Q&A.

7. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

It's handy just in general, particularly with things like measurements and other common Q&A.

True dat. I always wish that sellers wouldn't edit away the whole sales post to say Sold", but rather just add "sold" to the top, so that all the work he did measuring and photographing can be there as a resource.

8. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

The "Socal is really pissing me off" thread is pissing me off. Can we have it locked? Or at least move it to the CEes pool. It's pure troll feeding, it has nothing to do with tailored clothings. It's one thing a troll started an inane thread, it's another to see it consistently stay on top of the page. It sets a bad tone for the forum. And I am getting tired of EG's antics.

Eh, he's harmless (although it's the beginning of the end when you come with "Socal is really pissing me off" as a thread title...).

Tell ya one thing, though, he's far less entertaining than the reactions he manages to get out of people.

9. j

Yeah, that too.

10. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

11. Matt

Matt [email protected]

thanks.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Kennyghetzoff or whatever is in the can for 2 weeks for either being homophobic or for making a very ill-advised joke. In either case, he made me have to interrupt my Friday evening watching The Wire, so he is taking a break.

13. DNW

DNW Senior member

I was banned for a little while earlier today, what was going on?

14. j

Someone spaminated you on accident. I have made changes that hopefully will prevent that from happening in the future. I undeleted all your threads and tried to put them back in the forums I figured they came from. If you notice any that are in the wrong place, let me know.

15. DNW

DNW Senior member

Someone spaminated you on accident. I have made changes that hopefully will prevent that from happening in the future. I undeleted all your threads and tried to put them back in the forums I figured they came from. If you notice any that are in the wrong place, let me know.

Thanks dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.