1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Senior member

should be punishable by death.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

J,

Any chance we can put the kibosh on the f-ing RickRolling? It's getting a little annoying.

b

should be punishable by death.

Nawww... He's just upset cause I rickroll'd him earlier!

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Nawww... He's just upset cause I rickroll'd him earlier!

Yes, and it's getting tiresome. It's like some 5th grade prank. Grow up.

b

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can somebody change Artisan Fan's user title to "A+ in Science"?

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Yes, and it's getting tiresome. It's like some 5th grade prank. Grow up.

b

Yeeeeeesh calm down. Is it really that upsetting to you to think you're clicking a real link and being redirected to youtube? It's a joke.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Another reason to turn the speakers down at work.

Though I did like the Rick Astley pie chart I saw the other day. LMAO

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

ah, glorious schadenfreude!

+ a trillion

On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Jon.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

If I wanted viewable, I'd go to nytimes.com or the wall street journal.

9. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

+ a trillion

On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Jon.

I did not find that Ed or Connie made reading SF difficult or unpleasant. That has nothing to do with whether they should be on leave for some offense or another, but if people are keeping track of who thinks their absence has made SF a better place, don't count me.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I did not find that Ed or Connie made reading SF difficult or unpleasant. That has nothing to do with whether they should be on leave for some offense or another, but if people are keeping track of who thinks their absence has made SF a better place, don't count me.

Or me. In fact, I found the first 3-4 days relatively boring (then again, I spend all my time in the bottom half of the forum). Now since the Spitzer/Catholic stuff has picked up, it's interesting, but I do not think SF is bette rwithout them.

11. j

j Senior member Admin

+ a trillion

Jon.

Did you actually write that on sheepskin vellum before typing it out?

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You have to think of the amount of nonsense they perpetuate...and the fact that they do so in every sub-forum, every day of the week. And which leads others to post about it, and soon enough you have the mods sending PM's en masse regarding topics like teh ghey (I wasn't included in the PM dear mods, but I did acquire a copy of it) and people being put on time out; and then getting extended time out because they cannot control themselves or their shenanigans.

Jon.

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Did you actually write that on sheepskin vellum before typing it out?

I wish, but unfortunately I have yet to procure some from Labelking, nor do I think he would so easily part with it.

Jon.

14. EL72

EL72 Senior member

+ a trillion

Jon.

On another serious note, on the weekends when you don't post on SF, the douchebag quotient takes a serious nosedive. Alas, I dare say that your return to posting invariably restores the high level of douchyness to the forum.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

On another serious note, on the weekends when you don't post on SF, the douchebag quotient takes a serious nosedive. Alas, I dare say that your return to posting invariably restores the high level of douchyness to the forum.

Simple thoughts written out by a simple man. Calling me such titles only projects on to you what you invariably are but fail to admit, your post that I am quoting being sufficient evidence. And while I admit I have in the past crossed the line, the two aforementioned posters have crossed more borders than the people of Switzerland.

What are the Christians so fond of saying? Oh, yes: let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Jon.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You have to think of the amount of nonsense they perpetuate...and the fact that they do so in every sub-forum, every day of the week. And which leads others to post about it, and soon enough you have the mods sending PM's en masse regarding topics like teh ghey (I wasn't included in the PM dear mods, but I did acquire a copy of it) and people being put on time out; and then getting extended time out because they cannot control themselves or their shenanigans.

Oh the irony... [​IMG]

17. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Oh the irony... [​IMG]

What's so ironic about it? Please do tell.

Jon.

18. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What's so ironic about it? Please do tell.
    hmmm... are you having a softy brain day?

You complaining about
    - personal attacks (see above your response to EL)
    - nonsense posting (see most of your posts)
    - improper etiquette (see your Allah Uaqbar comment)
    - PM sending (we all know, you know?)
    etc...

is ironic

19. spertia

spertia Senior member

You complaining about
    etc...

is ironic

[​IMG]

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

You complaining about
    etc...

is ironic

Signed, StyleForvm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.