Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Translucent Fibers from Navy Suit Jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davem222, Jan 29, 2013.

1. davem222

davem222 New Member

Hey all,
    I recently bought a navy suit and all of a sudden there are all these translucent little fibers, like cat hairs almost, that are coming out through the fabric. It's not the blue wool itself but when I go to pick them off, they come from under the fabric. Anyone have any idea what this is or what to do about it? Is it simply a matter of the construction of the jacket? The effect is that of having lint or cat hair all over the jacket. I can use a lint remover or a clothing brush to get many of them off but they just come back as they come from the jacket itself. It's kind of a mystery and google searches have proved of little help. Let me know. Thanks

Dave

2. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

From what you describe, it sounds like part of the interfacing/canvas/fusing/what-have-you poking through the jacket's outer fabric. I've only seen it happen near the shoulder seam personally.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

3. davem222

davem222 New Member

Hmmm, I've seen it now on a few suit jackets. Anyone else have experience with this?