• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

transgender people in your life

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, a little freaked out. I hang at a certain coffee shop, a lot, maybe 8 days a month and then just buy coffee there another 10 times. there is a barista that I am on "hello how are you" basis, we have talked a little about coffee in the past, not more than that, but I see her almost every day for the past couple of years. very butch. very very butch. but that is fine with me. anyway, haven't seen her in a couple of weeks, come in today, and she has a scragly beard and a deep voice. this has to have involved medical intervention, I don't know if surgury or hormones, but something. said hello, drank my coffee, but certainly felt wierd.

any similar stories?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i see transgenders in my store, almost always man to woman, at least once a month, never gets any less weird imo

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
198089_158687410852500_100001337258584_296322_7880492_n.jpg

S/He use to have long facebook IM chats with me about how lonely S/He was and how S/He wanted someone to cuddle with. I was weirded out by the whole transsexual thing. Now S/He will barely acknowledge me.
frown.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
S/He use to have long facebook IM chats with me about how lonely S/He was and how S/He wanted someone to cuddle with. I was weirded out by the whole transsexual thing. Now S/He will barely acknowledge me.
frown.gif

You never know what you have until it's gone.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
You never know what you have until it's gone.
I haven't mastered the skill of putting myself in the friend zone. I sure you can feel my pain. She's a really awesome human being in any case; she can do fire poi / fire dancing and can hold herself up parallel to the ground using only one hand!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I haven't mastered the skill of putting myself in the friend zone. I sure you can feel my pain. She's a really awesome human being in any case; she can do fire poi / fire dancing and can hold herself up parallel to the ground using only one hand!
you know, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for when interviewing candidates for wifelyhood. I ended up settling for large breasts + would speak to me.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i see transgenders in my store
same here. I'm not fazed by it though one was trying to chat me up yesterday. Doubt her change was 100% complete. Also had a horrific pair of denim, burned my eyes.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've got a dude at A&M who runs around cross dressed regularly. There are also drag contests at the local gay club. It takes a while to get used to that sort of thing, but it doesn't phase me.

Logan

Reaction score
I worked with a girl, and through Facebook found out she was now a he. Just last thursday I saw it at Canadian Tire, face hair and everything. So gross

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
We've got a dude at A&M who runs around cross dressed regularly. There are also drag contests at the local gay club. It takes a while to get used to that sort of thing, but it doesn't phase me.

Really? Things certainly have changed from my day.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i see transgenders in my store, almost always man to woman, at least once a month, never gets any less weird imo

Originally Posted by Desi
same here. I'm not fazed by it though one was trying to chat me up yesterday. Doubt her change was 100% complete. Also had a horrific pair of denim, burned my eyes.

Wait.
You two work at the same store?

Or are you the same person?
sneaky2.gif

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work with a 6'4" post-op male-to-female transexual. It wasn't strange at all to me, but some of the guys who worked there when she was a he were definitely uncomfortabel around her.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Really? Things certainly have changed from my day.

I'm sure that there's plenty of harassment that they get, but my people have gone a long way to mellowing it the **** out.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a relatively well known transgendered restauranteur in Dallas. It was weird and a novelty when he/she opened up back in the '80's. Slightly scandalous and actually helped his/her business. Not a big deal these days.

I don't really know anyone personally though...that I'm aware of.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I live in San Francisco. It's a pretty routine fact of life around here. I have a neighbor who is a female to male trans, I like running into him because he's really nice and his girlfriend is smoking hot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads