1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer of indigo to shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mattjames, Aug 26, 2006.

1. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

I am worried that my shirts, especially the white ones, will become stained by the dye from my jeans. Is this a common problem with raw denim?

2. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

Yes it is but it's really easy to remove the stains. Just wash the tees.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

i got some blue on my white shirts from the 45rpm indigo-dyed bandana, but it washed right out.

4. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

that's good news; I'm really feeling the white shirt raw denim look; but I wasn't feeling the ruined forever for one look look...any ideas about cleaning the dye off of leather?

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

that's good news; I'm really feeling the white shirt raw denim look; but I wasn't feeling the ruined forever for one look look...any ideas about cleaning the dye off of leather?

rubber eraser should do it.

6. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

fuck yeah! I'll try it later.

7. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

That's good news. I am surprised though, as I would have thought that the dye could fix into the fabric of the shirt.

8. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

You know what, I just remembered that recently a pair of white boxers I wore got stained blue from being worn on a hot, sweaty day under a pair of ancient Levis. Most of it washed out, but not all of it. This was with old, old jeans, which were pre-washed and washed by me countless times.

9. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

Forgive me for my persistence in seeking other opinions, but rather expensive shirts are at stake here.

Do most of you wear your shirts with new Jeans and have no trouble with staining?

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Forgive me for my persistence in seeking other opinions, but rather expensive shirts are at stake here.

Do most of you wear your shirts with new Jeans and have no trouble with staining?

I have never had problems with stains on my shirts (there is really not that much contact). My sneakers, on the other hand, generally have an indigo ring.